June 2002, PrepTest 37, Game 4 (19-24) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Bigsby

New

June 2002, PrepTest 37, Game 4 (19-24)

Post by Bigsby » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:56 pm

This question revolves around "a swim team with exactly five members- J, K, L, M, O-......"

I was wondering what you guys did for a setup on this. I seem to not be able to make many deductions on this game and even though I finished within the time, I made a guess out of 3 choices for 22 (between B, C, and D) and got it correct and got number 23 wrong (I put down A, and see how it is wrong).

I felt like, for these, I was lacking a good Master Diagram and thus had to take my time more and methodically going through the remaining contenders and made me more inefficient/mistake-prone. Any of you LSAT Jedis (Jedis's? Jedi?) willing to help?

JG7773

Bronze

Re: June 2002, PrepTest 37, Game 4 (19-24)

Post by JG7773 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Bigsby wrote:This question revolves around "a swim team with exactly five members- J, K, L, M, O-......"

I was wondering what you guys did for a setup on this. I seem to not be able to make many deductions on this game and even though I finished within the time, I made a guess out of 3 choices for 22 (between B, C, and D) and got it correct and got number 23 wrong (I put down A, and see how it is wrong).

I felt like, for these, I was lacking a good Master Diagram and thus had to take my time more and methodically going through the remaining contenders and made me more inefficient/mistake-prone. Any of you LSAT Jedis (Jedis's? Jedi?) willing to help?

--- --- --- --- ---
1/6 2/7 3/8 4/9 5/10
M>O(1) / Never: KL / At least 1 OJ / J Never 4/9

Hypo: J ___ M ____ O

For #22 - A is impossible because of Rule 2 (Jacobson can't swim 4/9)
B - is correct. I found this from a diagram of question 20.
C- Would force a M O J K L which violates Rule 1
D - Violation of Rule 3 (Miller would swim 5/10 and Ortiz wouldn't be able to have their first lap after Miller)
E - Violation of Rule 3 (Ortiz would swim 1/6 and wouldn't have their first lap after Miller)

For #23 - A - Should be thrown out because question 19 shows that Jacobson can swim 1/6
B - If you put J in 2 you would be forced to put O is 1 that would violate the first O coming after M
C - Question 20 should of had a sketch with J in 3/8
D - If he can't swim one, he can't swim 6
E -In question 21, we had Jacobson in 5, therefore he would also be in 10.

Hope this helps.. any questions let me know.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”