Powerscore weekend class Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ErikC25

New

Powerscore weekend class

Post by ErikC25 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Has anybody taken the Powerscore weekend class? I am considering it because it seems that it is the best fit for me economically (its only $400) and geographically (Western Mass). What have been peoples experiences with this? Helpful? Not helpful? Im taking the LSAT in June. Thanks for the feedback everyone. This website is awesome!!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Powerscore weekend class

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:31 pm

According to the folks at PowerScore, it is not recommended.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:38 pm

My usual line on weekend classes is that they can be an okay introduction, but they're no more than an introduction, and they're quite superficial. If you're going to spend $400 on prep, you might as well spend it on acquiring all the PTs you can, getting a few books of technique, and running wild with that. (Some weekend courses — Princeton Review's, last I taught it — give you access to all released PTs as part of the course, so if that's bundled in, it might be worth it, actually.) If you want to spend slightly more, you can probably take a (real) online class.

tyang

New

Post by tyang » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:37 pm

not to revive an old thread...but i thought i'd share my experience with this. i took the weekend course in May 2014 (planned on June test but postponed til September). the workbook is definitely helpful, as it includes homework sections (mini PTs?) you can do after the course. for logic games, it's helpful to physically see, and practice, how Powerscore teaches diagramming. it's pretty fast-paced, as you go through 200+ pages of material over two days. you can also retake the course for free within a year if you're not satisfied (you have to use your old workbook though).

my overall evaluation is if you don't know where or how to start, this can really help. however, if you've picked up other study materials and you have a grasp of methods already, you may not get as much out of it. in the Sept LSAT i got -5 on LG, and the things i learned in the course helped.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”