Give up on this cycle? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sueeeee22

New

Give up on this cycle?

Post by sueeeee22 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:29 pm

I've reached a level of frustration and confusion that has, at this point, led me to just about throw in the towel for this cycle. To bring ya'll up to speed: the school i'm looking to get into has median 158/3.6 while I have 156/3.3 to my name.

My romantic aspiration at this point is to apply now (3/1 deadline), with the disclaimer that I am waiting for the result of my Feb LSAT, get on the waiting list and have them give me the nod if I come out of Feb LSAT with a >160. With full time work and other goings on this means a rough and excruciating January but one in which I do feel I can significantly improve my LSAT skillz.

To make this scenario more hopeless, I will have to make the very untimely last step of my application process by getting my UG to send the transcript to LSAC on Monday. I've learned that this can take a >1week.

I was really fucking hoping to get in this cycle. Alas, I underestimated the LSAT with only 2-3 months with full time work and other responsibilities to become a bonafide 160+ taker, and did the same with the application process in general as after much TSLing I have come to realize the importance of an early submission.

So. Should I relinquish my stubbornness? Give it a shot next cycle and moreover aim for ED?

I think I answered my own question throughout this post. But let me ask you. If I can get a 162 on Feb LSAT; will I go from waiting list to glory? Or is that foolery since I may not get a spot on the waiting list in the first place?

Pace

bk1

Diamond

Re: Give up on this cycle?

Post by bk1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:31 pm

sueeeee22 wrote:Should I relinquish my stubbornness? Give it a shot next cycle and moreover aim for ED?
Yes. I dunno about ED'ing at a low school, that seems poor. Aim for scholarship $$$.

sueeeee22

New

Post by sueeeee22 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:41 pm

bk187 wrote:
sueeeee22 wrote:Should I relinquish my stubbornness? Give it a shot next cycle and moreover aim for ED?
Yes. I dunno about ED'ing at a low school, that seems poor. Aim for scholarship $$$.
Can I not ED AND go for dinero?

JamesDean44

New

Post by JamesDean44 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:08 am

sueeeee22 wrote:Can I not ED AND go for dinero?
Not for many schools. If you ED, you are obligated to attend that school if they accept you and you wish to attend law school. Therefore, schools have little reason to give scholarship money to ED applicants. This varies by school; check out LSN or hourumd and see if ED applicants received scholarship money for the particular school you are interested in.

As to your original question: Apply now and hope for the February test to boost you off of the waitlist or wait until this fall and ED? This depends on a large number of factors, many of them personal (why do you not want to wait a year? Do you feel like you have the time, motivation, and energy required to improve before the February test?).

I don't think it's a pipe dream for you to apply this cycle with a February score, but it sounds like you have a lot of personal stuff going on between now and the February test. Because of this, I would wait until June to retake and also to polish your application.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”