Do I take the February LSAT or wait till June? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

February or June?

February
No votes
June
100%

Total votes: 7

espressocream

Bronze

Do I take the February LSAT or wait till June?

Post by espressocream » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:02 am

Here's the deal and I have way too much caffeine in my system to make a rational decision:

I'm a sophomore and I realize that it's extremely early for me to even be thinking about this but I have my heart set on taking the LSAT in February due to my study abroad situation next year.

I've gone through the Bibles and am now just working through practice tests. Problem is that I've peaked at 163 and then it's been a stable 160 since then. My problem area is logical reasoning - I go too fast during the practice tests and then when I go back to correct it I realize the correct answer instantly.

I don't know how to slow down while taking a test, it's been beneficial in the past but now it's a major issue.

I've trolled these forums long enough to realize that it seems rather impossible for me to attain a 170+ for the February LSAT, but I've basically planned my entire schedule around LSAT prep. I'm only taking three classes (which isn't awful on the quarter system but still) and I've taken time off of work.

Do I wait till June or somehow fix this LR issue and make it work?

Tips on how to slow down during testing would also be greatly appreciated.

BlueFeathers

New

Re: Do I take the February LSAT or wait till June?

Post by BlueFeathers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:06 am

You answered your own question. Yes, it is early and you said so yourself that you could fix your LR problems and possibly attain the "impossible" 170+ in more time by taking it in June.

What's the rush? Are you applying today? Having your heart set on a date isn't going to give you what you need and if you're still having issues you have PLENTY of time to fix them and the June test would be better all around.

That's my two cents.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:36 am

June and then Oct if a retake is needed. No point in taking the lsat so early if you can buy more time.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:47 am

Or October first. Then December/next June for a retake. Absolutely no need to hurry. You're a sophomore, which means that more classes will probably help develop some reading comprehension and other reasoning skills. Mostly though, it's just the crazy amount of time you have between now and when you will be applying. Don't rush it, the LSAT is something you don't want to have to experience twice. So make sure you are in a good position to nail it the first time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”