June 2011 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
boosk

Bronze

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Post by boosk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:45 pm

October 2010 LSAT:
RC: -2
LR(e): -3
LR1: -3
LG: -3
LR2: -5 :evil:

I was so fatigued from doing two previous LR sections, I really hope my experimental is RC on gameday...

Doing the Dec. 2011 test tomorrow then chillinnn at the pool on sunday

good luck everyone

DonnaDraper

Bronze

Post by DonnaDraper » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:43 pm

May the force of your best PT be with you all. GOOD LUCK :-)

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
PSUdevon wrote:Sorry, but I'm hoping to be about a dozen drinks deep by then. I haven't touched alcohol in the almost two months I've been studying. I need this, man.
My birthday was the first, and my parents bought me some Johnny Walker Black Label....Monday night I'm gonna be drinking...IDEC that I have work the next morning.
Crumpets, thanks for all the support and love you sent earlier!

Hunterrhoid

New

Post by Hunterrhoid » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Disappeared for most of May because my stupid Navy ship was underway. Back for the test, but only after writing an essay and begging. When I got back, I went to check my ID to make sure it was good. IT WAS NOT.

Apparently 2011 is the year it expires! AHHH! California couldn't get me a suitable ID for a month! Military ID doesn't have a signature on it! So on wednesday, after exhausting all other options, I bought a flight to Florida, got a license there, and flew back after 14 hours in the state. Thousand-dollar license, had to read MLSAT LR cover-to-cover on the flights, but now I get to take the LSAT, and I am un-fucking-stoppable.

Took 55 this morning. 177
LR1 -1
RC -2
LR2 -1
LG -0

Pretty boss. Taking 62 tomorrow at the test site. Hope everyone's feeling this good.

I love coming on here and seeing everyone supporting each other, and reading about some amazing improvements. You guys have been inspirational for me during this prep phase. If we can get together, we need to get together.

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Hunterrhoid wrote:Disappeared for most of May because my stupid Navy ship was underway. Back for the test, but only after writing an essay and begging. When I got back, I went to check my ID to make sure it was good. IT WAS NOT.

Apparently 2011 is the year it expires! AHHH! California couldn't get me a suitable ID for a month! Military ID doesn't have a signature on it! So on wednesday, after exhausting all other options, I bought a flight to Florida, got a license there, and flew back after 14 hours in the state. Thousand-dollar license, had to read MLSAT LR cover-to-cover on the flights, but now I get to take the LSAT, and I am un-fucking-stoppable.

LR1 -1
RC -2
LR2 -1
LG -0

Pretty boss. Taking 62 tomorrow at the test site. Hope everyone's feeling this good.

I love coming on here and seeing everyone supporting each other, and reading about some amazing improvements. You guys have been inspirational for me during this prep phase. If we can get together, we need to get together.
You, sir, are a badass.
+as much as you need for a 180

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:21 pm

PSUdevon wrote:
mushybrain wrote:So what does everyone have planned for the last two days? I have two sections of the June 2007 PT to finish tomorrow but haven't decided if I want to do another.
Doing September 2009 (PT 58) this afternoon, untimed and informal, then tomorrow going over every wrong answer I've gotten on the 15 diagnostics I've done. Sunday I'm going to play golf and eat Indian food, and Monday morning wake up relatively early, do a couple easy games, and a reading section.
LR 1: -0
LG: -0
RC: -4
LR 2: -3
Raw: 94
Scaled: 173

I'll take it, but damn, I really need to cut out the stupid mistakes. And this step back in RC is not fun. Of the seven mistakes, three were blatant misreads, two others were..."Oh, jeez, DUH." Only two questions I had any right getting wrong. Not a confidence builder. But I didn't take my time like I will Monday...I dunno.
Last edited by Yeshia90 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxpower430

Bronze

Post by maxpower430 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:30 am

guys i never submitted a ssn to lsac apparently (no idea why not but it isn't required) but when i looked on my admissions ticket it has a completely wrong ssn on it, any idea what that means? i dunno what to do and lsac isn't open on the weekends this time of year. really not what i want to be thinking about this close to the test and for w/e reason i didn't check but here we are. thoughts? thanks.

Hunterrhoid

New

Post by Hunterrhoid » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:16 pm

maxpower430 wrote:guys i never submitted a ssn to lsac apparently (no idea why not but it isn't required) but when i looked on my admissions ticket it has a completely wrong ssn on it, any idea what that means? i dunno what to do and lsac isn't open on the weekends this time of year. really not what i want to be thinking about this close to the test and for w/e reason i didn't check but here we are. thoughts? thanks.
For entrance into the test, you have to have the admission ticket, a picture meeting all specifications attached to the ticket, and an ID meeting all specifications. The first and last name on the ID must match exactly the first and last name on the ticket. These are the requirements to actually take the test. Nothing in the documentation (LSAT Candidate Information Sheet) LSAC sent out mentions SSN as a requirement to take the test.

It IS mentioned in the information sheet under the section 'Correcting Your Biographical Information' which basically says that it is your responsibility to get it corrected and that discrepancies can result in processing delays.

TL; DR: You are still good for Monday. Sleep easy.

OhOkay

New

Post by OhOkay » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Ok, couldn't stay away, haha. Took a timed PT yesterday (PT62... stained glass was killer, I had no coherent approach, literally was just plugging and chugging. Fortunately, test still went well.) Will only be doing light LG/RC drills today and tomorrow -- and perhaps look over some previous mistakes.

I so hope everyone here rocks this test!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:12 pm

mickeyD wrote:jim, I literally just finished PT60 a minute ago and ran out of time as well. I think that section is designed to screw you up. The 8 question Mexican Theater passage and the Australian Contingency Fee passage are both legitimate 10-12 minute passages. I think most testers, you and I included, go at our typical pace on passages 1 and 2 not realizing what's ahead, and therefore run out of time.
Thanks, Mickey, this was reassuring to read. Thanks for your concern.
Jim

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:19 pm

soj wrote:
mickeyD wrote:I think that section is designed to screw you up.
This. I think I got -5 in RC on that one, with all five of my mistakes coming in the last two passages that I had to rush. You and one other poster corroborated this when I posted about it. So for what it's worth, most people agree it's a tough RC. 54, 59, and 60 are probably the hardest of the recent RC sections by far. Don't let one PT stress you out too much; it won't do you any good.
Soj, thanks for the pep talk, I need it.

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Woke up at 5:30AM today....only got 4 hours of sleep last night... :roll: was planning on taking a test today but I feel so tired right now that I'm thinking I'll have to atleast take a nap

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:58 pm

tmon wrote:
Hunterrhoid wrote:Disappeared for most of May because my stupid Navy ship was underway. Back for the test, but only after writing an essay and begging. When I got back, I went to check my ID to make sure it was good. IT WAS NOT.

LR1 -1
RC -2
LR2 -1
LG -0

You, sir, are a badass.
+as much as you need for a 180
Good to see you back Hunter :) Gonna have to agree with tmon here - with scores like that the $1000 license will be worth it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:03 pm

maxpower430 wrote:
jim-green wrote:Fellow June 2011ers, last year up until the week before the LSAT I was doing fine
honestly dude, sometimes passages/sections of certain tests just have your number, and i think pt 60 is in your head a little. you knew how difficult it was and were expecting a tough rc, and that's what you got. i think you just need to brush it off, everyone has bad sections here and there and all you can do is learn from them and know that you've worked hard and are capable of getting the score you want.
Thanks, MP! I will keep this in mind.

pkrtbx

New

Post by pkrtbx » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:21 pm

PT 55 (took it informal, section at a time over a couple of days to warm up for PTs and just for practice)

LR1 -2
RC -1
LR2 -1
LG -1

Raw 94 Scaled 174

This makes me feel a bit better. But only a little :?

maxpower430

Bronze

Post by maxpower430 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Hunterrhoid wrote:
maxpower430 wrote:guys i never submitted a ssn to lsac apparently (no idea why not but it isn't required) but when i looked on my admissions ticket it has a completely wrong ssn on it, any idea what that means? i dunno what to do and lsac isn't open on the weekends this time of year. really not what i want to be thinking about this close to the test and for w/e reason i didn't check but here we are. thoughts? thanks.
For entrance into the test, you have to have the admission ticket, a picture meeting all specifications attached to the ticket, and an ID meeting all specifications. The first and last name on the ID must match exactly the first and last name on the ticket. These are the requirements to actually take the test. Nothing in the documentation (LSAT Candidate Information Sheet) LSAC sent out mentions SSN as a requirement to take the test.

It IS mentioned in the information sheet under the section 'Correcting Your Biographical Information' which basically says that it is your responsibility to get it corrected and that discrepancies can result in processing delays.

TL; DR: You are still good for Monday. Sleep easy.
thanks man, i started a topic on this too and apparently lsac will just give you a random ssn if you don't provide one (the fact that the first three digits were 999 should have been a tip off as well b/c as google confirmed, a ssn can't start with 8 or 9). but thanks and good luck.

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Question: The dinosaur game from June 2009 is obviously well known for being challenging. Is it considered rough because of issues setting it up? Or just the time constraint?

Just wondering because I put it off until now knowing it's supposed to be very difficult and unrepresentative of LG as a whole. However, I had no trouble at all doing it untimed, but it would have caused pretty severe problems timed unless the other games are a cakewalk. Is it just known for being bad for the timing reason? Or do people also have issues figuring out where to start?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

maxpower430

Bronze

Post by maxpower430 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:38 pm

so took my final pt (hopefully ever) and am feeling pretty good for monday. i took pt 62 and think i had the same general feelings as everyone else. i think being on here influenced my games performance, b/c in my head i knew there would be two tough games and a simple one at the end (which i managed to miss an easy question on, wasn't very happy with that.) i can sleep easy knowing that i did really well on RC (-1), though my LR2 performance (-4) leaves something to be desired.

i was wondering if anyone could help me out with pt 24 q22 though? i chose A b/c it seemed to make sense, as the family size went down the allergies went up. however the premises indicate that if you're in a small family you're more likely to have allergies than a large family, so i guess A could mean a lot of families with no kids and a lot of families with a lot of kids and then that would undermine the answer choice. however, i really wanted to pick E but i didn't b/c of the ambiguity of the term "infancy". i think i was just looking for a reason to justify A but at the same time who is to say when infancy ends? i dunno just kinda bugs me.

maxpower430

Bronze

Post by maxpower430 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:41 pm

mushybrain wrote:Question: The dinosaur game from June 2009 is obviously well known for being challenging. Is it considered rough because of issues setting it up? Or just the time constraint?

Just wondering because I put it off until now knowing it's supposed to be very difficult and unrepresentative of LG as a whole. However, I had no trouble at all doing it untimed, but it would have caused pretty severe problems timed unless the other games are a cakewalk. Is it just known for being bad for the timing reason? Or do people also have issues figuring out where to start?
people find it tough b/c of timing and b/c there's a pretty huge inference that is easy to miss (if i recall there were only 3 dinos that could be mauve), and it's more of a hypo-intensive game, which makes it time consuming.

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Are you sure it's PT 24? Question 22 is a reading comprehension question about artwork, unless I've lost my mind.

maxpower430

Bronze

Post by maxpower430 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:48 pm

oh geez totally meant pt 62 there, decided to put question first then changed mind, clearly a sign i need ot put the books down soon haha.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:55 pm

maxpower430 wrote:
mushybrain wrote: people find it tough b/c of timing and b/c there's a pretty huge inference that is easy to miss (if i recall there were only 3 dinos that could be mauve), and it's more of a hypo-intensive game, which makes it time consuming.
Thanks. I found this explanation: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/di ... -lsat.html and I essentially did it the same way without as much writing so I feel about as good as I could about that one. The time would have destroyed me though.

I must still be crazy because it looks like PT 62, question 22 is another RC about novels.

westinghouse60

Bronze

Post by westinghouse60 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Did PT 59 last night
LG -3
LR -6
LR -1
RC -7?!?!?!

Raw 84 Scaled 167

One of my best LG ever and by far my worst RC. I've never missed more than 4 on RC, even on the new prep tests. Its funny because on the older tests when I first started out studying I would get -15 on LG and -0/1 on RC, guess I've reversed that now.

Although I'm not terribly disappointed with my score (it's right around my average) I was really hoping to break 170 one last time before the test, and felt pretty confident I was going to. I have one prep test left, should I take it before Monday?

pkrtbx

New

Post by pkrtbx » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:58 pm

mushybrain wrote:Question: The dinosaur game from June 2009 is obviously well known for being challenging. Is it considered rough because of issues setting it up? Or just the time constraint?

I am not by any means solid in LG and I found it actually pretty easy, although I didn't do great on that LG section because I freaked out on time and also because I was nervous knowing that dinos was coming. As far as games go, I thought it was one of the more enjoyable ones.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Signing off until post-LSAT. GOOD LUCK ALL!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”