Graduating Senior taking June LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
soulpower

New

Graduating Senior taking June LSAT

Post by soulpower » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:17 am

I am graduating this May, and I am planning to take the LSAT in June.

I self-studied LSAT for almost two months last summer (scored in the mid 160s in my PTs but scores were unstable and would randomly drop to low 160s or even high 150s once in a while). College got in my way too much that I basically blew off studying in September and didn't take the October LSAT. Obviously without studying scores don't improve and I wasn't getting any closer to my desired goal of 173+.

Now that I am planning to take the LSAT in June, I really don't want to repeat what I did last time. This time, I am really trying to be more serious about LSAT so I am trying to incorporate studying time to my regular schedule in detail (which I didn't do last time). I am also considering a prep course so any advice on that would be appreciated as well.

Anyways, I wanted to ask if any other graduating seniors are planning to study for the LSAT this semester on this forum and see how you are planning to manage your last semester and LSAT prep. I am already worrying about my graduation, which is like two weeks before the LSAT. How much graduation festivities should I forego to stay focused on the LSAT? I thought about skipping my graduation entirely but decided that might be too radical... I do want some kind of closure to my intensely stressful yet fun four years...

Other than managing school and LSAT, do you guys have specific advice on how I should study for the LSAT second time? I thought I would just repeat what I did last time (self-study with the LSAT blog schedule) and maybe sign up for a prep course starting March to make sure I don't neglect on LSAT studying due to finals and stuff.... But if I do that, how should I study before the prep course?

Happy New Year to all!

Pleasye

Platinum

Re: Graduating Senior taking June LSAT

Post by Pleasye » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:28 am

Your plan now was my original plan when I was a senior in UG. However, I was working really hard to raise my GPA and found it too difficult to do that and study for the LSAT at the same time.

My advice would be:
1) make a study schedule and stick to it. Make sure that you leave time for your school work and your LSAT studying.

2) Try to get some of your work (things like papers that are due at the end of the semester) done earlier or do parts of it. That way finals doesn't turn into a whole week or two that you don't do any LSAT studying right before the test. I didn't do this and ended up having to postpone to October.

3) There is no need to skip your graduation. Go to graduation and lunch or dinner with your family/friends afterward. Maybe even go out that night. Graduation is just one day (and night if you go out) and you don't need to forgo it altogether.

4) Take a prep course if you have the funds and lack the discipline to make yourself study. It'll help to keep you in LSAT mode and give your studying some structure. If you do decide to take a course then take an earlier one and then study (aka drill and take practice tests) on your own until the test.

Hope this helps and good luck!

TLSanders

Bronze

Post by TLSanders » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:36 am

LSpleaseee wrote:Your plan now was my original plan when I was a senior in UG. However, I was working really hard to raise my GPA and found it too difficult to do that and study for the LSAT at the same time.

My advice would be:
1) make a study schedule and stick to it. Make sure that you leave time for your school work and your LSAT studying.

2) Try to get some of your work (things like papers that are due at the end of the semester) done earlier or do parts of it. That way finals doesn't turn into a whole week or two that you don't do any LSAT studying right before the test. I didn't do this and ended up having to postpone to October.

3) There is no need to skip your graduation. Go to graduation and lunch or dinner with your family/friends afterward. Maybe even go out that night. Graduation is just one day (and night if you go out) and you don't need to forgo it altogether.

4) Take a prep course if you have the funds and lack the discipline to make yourself study. It'll help to keep you in LSAT mode and give your studying some structure. If you do decide to take a course then take an earlier one and then study (aka drill and take practice tests) on your own until the test.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Yeah. All that.

thegor1987

Bronze

Post by thegor1987 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 am

Search ' critique my June 2011 LSAT training plan'

I just started a thread and am in your exact same position, Had PT in mid 160s but inconsistent and would drop to low 160s. Satisfaction score of 170+ and also worried about managing school, work and study plan.

I think school wise the best idea is to take the minimum required number of credits to still be full time. You want just the optimal amount of stress, not too much, not too little.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”