Writing section humor compendium Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
delusional

Silver

Writing section humor compendium

Post by delusional » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:49 am

So lots of people post lots of stuff that relates to the writing section that is humorous for one way or another. The bathos of an utterly meaningless endeavor that is treated by LSAC and the proctors in the same manner as the scored test, when really nobody can wait to get out of there - it's just fertile ground. Please share your humorous writing section anecdotes here.

In my test, the head proctor went nuts because another proctor had let three people use the restroom at once.

A friend who took the test the same day had his writing section stopped and restarted four times over a period of ten minutes because the proctor kept missing part of the directions. Try that with RC.

I'm not the guy who will doodle on the writing sample because I don't see the point in deliberately provoking an admissions office on a bad day. But the no erasing rule led to some odd sentence structures. One example - I wrote "I would certainly think that option..." I was going to write "option 2" but then I thought that it might have been too informal, so I'd stick with "the second option", But I'd written "option" and you can't erase. So I wrote "...certainly think that option the second..." which is definitely classier than either term.

Mike12188

Silver

Re: Writing section humor compendium

Post by Mike12188 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:53 am

why couldn't you just cross out?

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:03 am

Mike12188 wrote:why couldn't you just cross out?
because that would have involved writing another word.

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:06 am

delusional wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:why couldn't you just cross out?
because that would have involved writing another word.
This is officially the dumbest thread on TLS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”