Are you ready for total DOMINATION?!! (Feb. 2011) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
risktaker

Silver

Re: Are you ready for total DOMINATION?!! (Feb. 2011)

Post by risktaker » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:20 pm

I would suggest 58 or 59. More likely to see similar questions on our test this weekend.

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Fj33r2qdc

Very helpful with LSAT prep.

New

Post by 8675309 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:04 pm

Well folks, I told myself that if the Packers won the Super Bowl, that I'd get a 180. Looks like I don't need to study anymore :) Which is good, it will make up for the break I took this week especially after last night!

spek

Bronze

Post by spek » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Can someone who's done PT 62 help me distinguish between answers B and C for Q24 in the last LR section? It's the question on arthritis; I would appreciate any insight on what makes C a better answer than B. Thanks!

Lasker

New

Post by Lasker » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:04 pm

I had a hard time swallowing C as the correct answer because it sounds so harsh. Ultimately though, I chose it over B because B was too specific. If you get right down to it, I feel that B is actually a subset of C, which makes it a weaker answer.

While B is plausible given the prompt, there is not nearly enough evidence to say that it has to be the case. C is strongly worded which makes it seem like a bad answer initially, but when you think about more just about any plausible answer is going to satisfy C as well.

This question is also discussed more specifically on the Manhattan LSAT forums.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

spek

Bronze

Post by spek » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:00 am

thanks! I looked it up on Manhattan LSAT and the explanation made a lot of sense.

paul34

Bronze

Post by paul34 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:17 am

Last edited by paul34 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

wolfpack37

New

Re: The Slightly More Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Post by wolfpack37 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:50 am

vissidarte27 wrote:I think I'm changing my mind about taking more PTs before Saturday. My last couple of scores were really good and I'm afraid of undermining my confidence (which is really important, IMO) by getting a less-than-stellar score in the last week before the test. Instead, I think I am going to focus on waking up early every day and taking one section of a PT so that I can get used to that sort of thinking at that time of morning and do some low-stress review.

I don't know if that strategy'll work, but I'm hoping it'll keep me from freaking out.
This shows lack of confidence in itself. And then come test day the first signs of trouble you're gonna be thinking "damn I should've kept preparing!" and all that superficial confidence is completely derailed. I say keep up the studying and know come test day that even if you got a lower score in the last week, you're as prepared as you can be and hey, at least you got that low score out of the way so you could REALLY get it done for the actual LSAT ;)

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:53 am

Thanks guys. 59 it is!

Doing the SuperPrep games is a great idea too

We're almost there! Sooo close!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vissidarte27

Bronze

Re: The Slightly More Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Post by vissidarte27 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:44 pm

wolfpack37 wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:I think I'm changing my mind about taking more PTs before Saturday. My last couple of scores were really good and I'm afraid of undermining my confidence (which is really important, IMO) by getting a less-than-stellar score in the last week before the test. Instead, I think I am going to focus on waking up early every day and taking one section of a PT so that I can get used to that sort of thinking at that time of morning and do some low-stress review.

I don't know if that strategy'll work, but I'm hoping it'll keep me from freaking out.
This shows lack of confidence in itself. And then come test day the first signs of trouble you're gonna be thinking "damn I should've kept preparing!" and all that superficial confidence is completely derailed. I say keep up the studying and know come test day that even if you got a lower score in the last week, you're as prepared as you can be and hey, at least you got that low score out of the way so you could REALLY get it done for the actual LSAT ;)
I hadn't thought about it that way, but you do have a good point.

I was originally supposed to be working in San Diego this week, so my study schedule was based on that, but my boss has canceled our San Diego trip so I have a little more time and freedom to study (although it does mean that I may not be able to take the test on Saturday if the test centers in Chicago are full and I can't get off the standby list). I did some LG work this morning and plan on some more extensive review later in the afternoon when I have the apartment to myself.

I'll try to do PT61 tomorrow morning and then retake 56 (one that I did really well on) on Thursday.

kulshan

Bronze

Post by kulshan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:49 pm

Last edited by kulshan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Took PT 58 today. Got a 164. I wouldn't mind scoring this on the LSAT this weekend. I am surprised that I did not remember any of the damn questions at all from this test even though I saw it several months ago. So, this is most likely around the score I will get this weekend if all goes well. Hopefully even higher! Here's the breakdown:
LR1: -6
RC: -6
Exp LG: -0
LG: -2
LR2: -5

I need to work to not make stupid mistakes in LR. That's what ruined me. On a better note though, I only guessed on 1 question in the whole test. This has never happened before, even, on tests I have seen before. So hoping this is a good sign for Saturday. Good luck to you all!

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Logged back in to say good luck to everyone, and also because I saw the title of this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=146976

Total domination FTW!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:30 pm

Omg Vissi! I thought the obstacles would stop for you. I'm glad you have more time to study and I really hope you get to take the test this weekend.

We're almost there you guys :)

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Pleasye wrote:Omg Vissi! I thought the obstacles would stop for you. I'm glad you have more time to study and I really hope you get to take the test this weekend.

We're almost there you guys :)
It's been a royal shit-storm. I'm flabbergasted.

I think this is the LSAT's way of telling me that I really should just forget about February and take the damn June test. I mean, really, I think nearly everything that could've gone wrong did go wrong. I mean, I'll give it my best shot on Saturday (if I can get in), but I'm almost certain that it's not going to happen for me this time around.

We'll see, though. Maybe the universe/LSAT gods will make up for all of the crap they've thrown at me during my prep period.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:56 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:It's been a royal shit-storm. I'm flabbergasted.

I think this is the LSAT's way of telling me that I really should just forget about February and take the damn June test. I mean, really, I think nearly everything that could've gone wrong did go wrong. I mean, I'll give it my best shot on Saturday (if I can get in), but I'm almost certain that it's not going to happen for me this time around.

We'll see, though. Maybe the universe/LSAT gods will make up for all of the crap they've thrown at me during my prep period.
Well if you do manage to get in this weekend then put everything that has happened behind you and just concentrate on the test. If you do that you will be perfectly fine <3

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:02 pm

Pleasye wrote: Well if you do manage to get in this weekend then put everything that has happened behind you and just concentrate on the test. If you do that you will be perfectly fine <3
Yup, that's my plan. We'll see how it goes.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jdl239

New

Post by jdl239 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:22 pm

What songs do you guys listen to before a test to get the juices flowing. For the Dec LSAT I jammed out to some phil collins "in the air tonight"

acadec

Bronze

Post by acadec » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:28 pm

I have a couple. Some of my favorites:

I'll Make a Man Out of You -Mulan Soundtrack
Can't Be Touched -Roy Jones Jr
La Resistance -South Park Movie Soundtrack
Til I Collapse -Eminem

Good luck on Saturday everybody!

Dotson525

New

Post by Dotson525 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Took PT 60, noticed where I could of gained 2 extra points. Does anyone have a set-up suggestion concerning the game with six actors and credits of a television program?

510Chicken

New

Post by 510Chicken » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Dotson525 wrote:Took PT 60, noticed where I could of gained 2 extra points. Does anyone have a set-up suggestion concerning the game with six actors and credits of a television program?
It's just a pure sequencing problem. LSATBlog ftw: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/lo ... agram.html

First -> Last

P
\
----J
/
L
\
----H
/
M

G is floating around somewhere, restricted only by the fact that it can't be last.

Edit: The M-P --> H-G rule might seem like it would mess things up, but it doesn't. This rule only matters for question 7, 10, and 12, but each of the prompts gives you enough information to determine whether or not M is before or after P, before you start looking at the possible answers.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dotson525

New

Post by Dotson525 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:16 pm

510Chicken wrote:
Dotson525 wrote:Took PT 60, noticed where I could of gained 2 extra points. Does anyone have a set-up suggestion concerning the game with six actors and credits of a television program?
It's just a pure sequencing problem. LSATBlog ftw: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/lo ... agram.html

First -> Last

P
\
----J
/
L
\
----H
/
M

G is floating around somewhere, restricted only by the fact that it can't be last.

Edit: The M-P --> H-G rule might seem like it would mess things up, but it doesn't. This rule only matters for question 7, 10, and 12, but each of the prompts gives you enough information to determine whether or not M is before or after P, before you start looking at the possible answers.
Thanks! I realized after posting. The chain for the rule of If M->P, then H->G

M-->P-->H-->G-->J (we know G cannot be last).
In this order L, be placed as 3rd (at the latest).
L has the other options of 1 and 2.
P has the options of 2 or 5.

This would of helped with time if I had of made the inference earlier. Starting to get brain fog. :oops:

wolfpack37

New

Post by wolfpack37 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 pm

SO EXCITED. (like ALL CAPS 'excited').

paul34

Bronze

Post by paul34 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Last edited by paul34 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

TXJD

New

Post by TXJD » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:58 pm

paul34 wrote:I can't say I'm "excited"... "scared" would be a better word

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

:( :(

PT 62 tomorrow morning, review, a few LG drills, and that's it. I want to take Friday *completely* off, but really, I don't know. I have lost a lot of hope for this Saturday.
That's the pattern my PT scores showed before the first time I took it. I was overstudying and overstressing and my scores went from 172-176 to around 160, and then I ended up getting a 161 on the real thing. Needless to say, this only freaked me out more and I starting studying even harder. Looking back, that was the exact opposite thing I should've done. This time around I'm just trying to make sure I can handle getting stuck in the actual test. The last full PT I took was on saturday, and I've only being doing one LG section a day since then (it's my weakest section). My PT scores have stayed up and I actually can't wait for saturday. I would recommend just taking one or two sections a day of what you're weakest in and try and relax, and don't do anything on FRiday but maybe exercise to make sure you can fall asleep.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”