FEB LSAT CURVE Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
fdr123

New

FEB LSAT CURVE

Post by fdr123 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:23 am

what is the average curve for the FEB lsat? why is it not online anywhere?

Sandro

Gold

Re: FEB LSAT CURVE

Post by Sandro » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:04 am

fdr123 wrote:what is the average curve for the FEB lsat? why is it not online anywhere?

Shrouded in secrecy, just like area 51.

dufftheyounger

New

Post by dufftheyounger » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:20 pm

The curve is based on the scores of all who took the February LSAT. For instance, if the test taking body scored higher than average, the curve is less favorable than if everyone scored less than average. So if you want information on that, it looks like you're SOL. My suggestion is to study your ass off and spread as much disinformation as possible to other test takers, like how this is going to be the easiest ever offered and how everyone taking the February LSAT shouldn't worry about studying. That or pray to zoroaster or whatever deity you worship that everyone comes into the test completely hung over.

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:39 am

dufftheyounger wrote:The curve is based on the scores of all who took the February LSAT. For instance, if the test taking body scored higher than average, the curve is less favorable than if everyone scored less than average. So if you want information on that, it looks like you're SOL. My suggestion is to study your ass off and spread as much disinformation as possible to other test takers, like how this is going to be the easiest ever offered and how everyone taking the February LSAT shouldn't worry about studying. That or pray to zoroaster or whatever deity you worship that everyone comes into the test completely hung over.
Not true dude, the score scale is predetermined before the test is given. It doesn't matter at all how everyone else did.

CMDantes

Bronze

Post by CMDantes » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:45 pm

flyingpanda wrote:
dufftheyounger wrote:The curve is based on the scores of all who took the February LSAT. For instance, if the test taking body scored higher than average, the curve is less favorable than if everyone scored less than average. So if you want information on that, it looks like you're SOL. My suggestion is to study your ass off and spread as much disinformation as possible to other test takers, like how this is going to be the easiest ever offered and how everyone taking the February LSAT shouldn't worry about studying. That or pray to zoroaster or whatever deity you worship that everyone comes into the test completely hung over.
Not true dude, the score scale is predetermined before the test is given. It doesn't matter at all how everyone else did.
Credited

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:19 pm

I wonder why LSAC doesn't control for variation of test taker ability and preparation between different test administrations, like between June and February. It seems like that could throw You'd think that makers of a standardized test would want to take that into account.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:25 pm

suspicious android wrote:
I wonder why LSAC doesn't control for variation of test taker ability and preparation between different test administrations, like between June and February. It seems like that could throw You'd think that makers of a standardized test would want to take that into account.
What suspicious android said is incorrect. The curve is determined in a different way and it's all over this forum so I'm not going to give an explanation again.

Also, the February test is not disclosed. That means we don't know any of the Feb curves (except the superpreps that have been released by LSAC) since they were never released. This information is also all over the forums if you search.

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 pm

LSpleaseee wrote: What suspicious android said is incorrect. The curve is determined in a different way and it's all over this forum so I'm not going to give an explanation again.
Huh? No, I--oh, nevermind.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:34 pm

suspicious android wrote:Huh? No, I--oh, nevermind.
What you said is wrong, dude.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:51 am

LSpleaseee wrote:What you said is wrong, dude.
I was being facetious, but it didn't come through. I was asking why LSAC would make a test with such a glaring, obvious, train-wreck of a statistical problem (i.e., determining the scale by test-day performance only), thereby suggesting that it's not how it's done. Now that I look at it, I think I accidentally deleted a clause or a sentence, but anyway, it doesn't matter, it's dumb to try to be ironic on an internet forum.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:02 am

suspicious android wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:What you said is wrong, dude.
I was being facetious, but it didn't come through. I was asking why LSAC would make a test with such a glaring, obvious, train-wreck of a statistical problem (i.e., determining the scale by test-day performance only), thereby suggesting that it's not how it's done. Now that I look at it, I think I accidentally deleted a clause or a sentence, but anyway, it doesn't matter, it's dumb to try to be ironic on an internet forum.
Ah, I didn't get your sarcasm, but I meant to reply to you saying that dufftheyounger said was incorrect. My bad.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”