Overseas December LSAT takers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ack

New

Overseas December LSAT takers

Post by ack » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:16 am

How did the test go for you?

I found it mostly alright. I finished the LG, I finished the LRs but didn't have time to check over the ones I was uncertain about, and I didn't do so well on the RC. In fact, I found the LG to be easier than normal and am afraid that this will lead to a not-so-generous curve.

I would have felt more comfortable during the test if the old proctors using their old wall clock were replaced by people who know how to time things down to the second.

jbeen

New

Re: Overseas December LSAT takers

Post by jbeen » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:59 am

what was your LG, i mean just n general terms can u remember the topic of a question?
also, where did you take the test?

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:31 am

The games section was the experimental for me - But I thought the logical reasoning sections were a tad bit harder than normal

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:30 am

LLB2JD wrote:The games section was the experimental for me - But I thought the logical reasoning sections were a tad bit harder than normal
Good thing LG was experimental for you, it would suck if you had an LG that counted :roll:

kpuc

Bronze

Post by kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:53 am

ack wrote:How did the test go for you?

I found it mostly alright. I finished the LG, I finished the LRs but didn't have time to check over the ones I was uncertain about, and I didn't do so well on the RC. In fact, I found the LG to be easier than normal and am afraid that this will lead to a not-so-generous curve.

I would have felt more comfortable during the test if the old proctors using their old wall clock were replaced by people who know how to time things down to the second.
You took the LSAT in Asia, right?

The consensus, albeit limited, here regarding the Asian LSAT seems to be that the LG was fairly difficult, mainly due to the last game. The games were harder than the Oct 2010 LSAT, and that test had a -12 curve, so in all fairness, I think that we should expect something similar or better than that.

I feel pretty good about the test. I don't remember as many questions as from the Oct LSAT, which I'm taking as a good sign since the questions I remembered from Oct were the ones that really gave me a tough time and I eventually realized I got wrong. My biggest concern is sloppiness in LR, which is what deflated my Oct LSAT. But in my November PTs, I hardly ever made careless errors, and there's no reason to believe that I suddenly messed up this time.

RC was one of the toughest ones I've seen. I got -0 in Oct but I don't expect to repeat that unless I got lucky on the handful of questions that really tested me. As long as I keep it -3 or better, and I haven't made stupid mistakes in LR or LG, I should easily top my Oct score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hilaryd

New

Post by hilaryd » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:24 am

I took yesterday's LSAT in London. I had the experimental LG section. I found 1 LG section quite easy except for the last game, but the other LG section I found near impossible. Im trying to figure out which was real so that I can gauge my score. Does anyone who had only1 LG section remember the jist of the questions on it? The RC section was more difficult than usual for sure!

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:26 am

hilaryd wrote:I took yesterday's LSAT in London. I had the experimental LG section. I found 1 LG section quite easy except for the last game, but the other LG section I found near impossible. Im trying to figure out which was real so that I can gauge my score. Does anyone who had only1 LG section remember the jist of the questions on it? The RC section was more difficult than usual for sure!
What was the order of your sections?

hilaryd

New

Post by hilaryd » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:46 am

I had LG, LR, LG, LR, RC.

Beas

New

Post by Beas » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:48 am

hilaryd wrote:I took yesterday's LSAT in London. I had the experimental LG section. I found 1 LG section quite easy except for the last game, but the other LG section I found near impossible. Im trying to figure out which was real so that I can gauge my score. Does anyone who had only1 LG section remember the jist of the questions on it? The RC section was more difficult than usual for sure!

I took two LG sections on my LSAT. One dealt with police officers interviewing suspects and I believe a book signing. The other one, the I hope is the experimental is the one that had the actors in a play scenario.

Any of those games seem familiar?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mottainai

Bronze

Post by mottainai » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:52 am

Last edited by mottainai on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beas

New

Post by Beas » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:56 am

I honestly can't remember. Can you remember any other game scenarios. I took mine in Romania so there's still a chance we might have had the same form.

mottainai

Bronze

Post by mottainai » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:58 am

EDIT BY MOD: If you think you may be getting too far into specifics, YOU ARE PROBABLY GETTING TOO FAR INTO SPECIFICS.

Beas

New

Post by Beas » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am

Nah, just actors and plays, nothing about stages. Maybe we did have different LSATs.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hilaryd

New

Post by hilaryd » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:03 am

Yeah, those both sound familiar. I'm really hoping that the one with police interrogations and book signings is the scored section and that the other is experimental. I completely tanked the section with the actors!

Beas

New

Post by Beas » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:07 am

Yeah me too. I had the actors in the play in the first section and the book signing and interrogation in the second one. I can't remember any of the other games though... partially because they were pretty easy. I am still pulling for the 1st LG being the experimental one though!

downpour

New

Post by downpour » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:27 am

I took the test in Paris and had only one Games section. If I remember correctly, I had a game about actors/plays, another game about professors/students giving speeches, a third about deliveries i think (i know that's very general but it's all i can remember) and another game about employees-fri/sat shifts ...

I found it difficult. But then again, games is by far my worst section. I usually get 8-9 wrong compared with 1 wrong in each of the other sections ...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”