What looks worse: A cancellation or a fourth not-great score Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
AshtonB

New

What looks worse: A cancellation or a fourth not-great score

Post by AshtonB » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm thinking about cancelling my score, just whether that'll look better or worse than a new score that's not significantly higher than the previous three. Either way, I think I might have to retake the test in February (most Canadian schools accept a Feb. score), despite the fact that it's probaly the worst test to take throughout the year and that I am so goddamn sick of studying for this test that there mere thought of cramming some more makes me stabby. Also, it's only 2+ months away...don't think I'd be able to improve my score significantly anyhow.

I feel so fucked right now.

NZA

Silver

Re: What looks worse: A cancellation or a fourth not-great score

Post by NZA » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:16 pm

AshtonB wrote:I'm thinking about cancelling my score, just whether that'll look better or worse than a new score that's not significantly higher than the previous three. Either way, I think I might have to retake the test in February (most Canadian schools accept a Feb. score), despite the fact that it's probaly the worst test to take throughout the year and that I am so goddamn sick of studying for this test that there mere thought of cramming some more makes me stabby. Also, it's only 2+ months away...don't think I'd be able to improve my score significantly anyhow.

:(

I mean, I think you just have to honestly evaluate whether or not you're going to actually do significantly better on another test. If you've already taken the test four times, what makes you think you're going to do a lot better on the fifth? You know?

Not trying to be negative, here, but you have to think about things realistically.

lsatextreme

Silver

Re: What looks worse: A cancellation or a fourth not-great score

Post by lsatextreme » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:38 pm

AshtonB wrote:I'm thinking about cancelling my score, just whether that'll look better or worse than a new score that's not significantly higher than the previous three. Either way, I think I might have to retake the test in February (most Canadian schools accept a Feb. score), despite the fact that it's probaly the worst test to take throughout the year and that I am so goddamn sick of studying for this test that there mere thought of cramming some more makes me stabby. Also, it's only 2+ months away...don't think I'd be able to improve my score significantly anyhow.

this was my fourth attempt too, except i made it my absolute last attempt, no matter what the results are going to be. Likewise, it almost drove me insane to study for this the 4th time, I'm not putting myself through another one ever again

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”