I miss the LSATs!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Crimson-LSAT-Prep

New

I miss the LSATs!!!

Post by Crimson-LSAT-Prep » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:12 am

Oh those wonderful days of prepping for the LSATs. I miss them. If you are not sure how to get the correct answer on a logical reasoning or a logic games question, please feel free to PM me, and I'll respond back with an explanation!

BriaTharen

Silver

Re: I miss the LSATs!!!

Post by BriaTharen » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:36 am

Gunner.

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:46 am

Actually I also kinda liked LSAT prepping, kind of reminded me of training for athletic events and my classes had become really mundane by then

Crimson-LSAT-Prep

New

Post by Crimson-LSAT-Prep » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Someone actually took me up on the offer. It was fun looking at the test again. I guess I should share the question/answer with others, just in case they also had trouble.

It was LSAT PrepTest 29, Analytical Reasoning (Section 3), Logic Game #3 (Questions 14 to 19).

Here is the PenCast...--LinkRemoved--

I don't know what was more fun, doing a logic game, or using my Livescribe Smartpen!!! lol

ps...I was a little sleepy when doing this, I just had my orange juice!!

jpSartre

Bronze

Post by jpSartre » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:16 am

LSAT prep was one of the best periods of time in my life. Hands down.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

justhoping

Bronze

Post by justhoping » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:45 pm

ummm yeah beats the hell out of PS-ing.
actually PS-ing is not that bad either, just that this time there's no "right answer"

Lonagan

Bronze

Post by Lonagan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:11 pm

This is why law school is so awful.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:13 pm

I somewhat enjoyed prepping for the LSAT.. but.. wow... just wow.

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Crimson-LSAT-Prep wrote:Oh those wonderful days of prepping for the LSATs. I miss them. If you are not sure how to get the correct answer on a logical reasoning or a logic games question, please feel free to PM me, and I'll respond back with an explanation!
I know what you mean. Logic games are fun.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:21 pm

artichoke wrote:
Crimson-LSAT-Prep wrote:Oh those wonderful days of prepping for the LSATs. I miss them. If you are not sure how to get the correct answer on a logical reasoning or a logic games question, please feel free to PM me, and I'll respond back with an explanation!
I know what you mean. Logic games are fun.
I <3 logic games. I used to do them in class, now I have to listen or surf TLS/facebook :|

thegarciab0y

New

Post by thegarciab0y » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:32 pm

I would also have to agree… the nasty nature of the LSAT in that there may be more than one “right” answer and then on others they’re may not even be a single one that makes sense is what makes it so hard. I find some of the hardest answers to be strictly one dimensional…. such that there is only one route to get to the right answer off of an inference (the test makers) when a multitude of inferences that could be made according to your personality and the way it strikes you. And reviewing every single answer for me works…. For that question type and stimulus set-up of course, and anything like it, but it’s almost like every new PT will have at least a couple questions I feel completely unprepared for, because it’s just another exception to everything I’ve been logically taught. Common sense doesn’t play a roll, instinct doesn’t help, and prep material either, just stealing the test writer’s brain and surgically implanting it in your head seems like the only way to understand. Only if there was some sort of LSAC logic rulebook or massive textbook 3,000 pages that was at least available for the ones who want to put the time in…. future law students could study off of that the test makers and test takers both would have to adhere to so you don’t get some low-blow question, I feel like it would be more on level ground. Just my honest opinion.

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:34 pm

thegarciab0y wrote:I would also have to agree… the nasty nature of the LSAT in that there may be more than one “right” answer and then on others they’re may not even be a single one that makes sense is what makes it so hard. I find some of the hardest answers to be strictly one dimensional…. such that there is only one route to get to the right answer off of an inference (the test makers) when a multitude of inferences that could be made according to your personality and the way it strikes you. And reviewing every single answer for me works…. For that question type and stimulus set-up of course, and anything like it, but it’s almost like every new PT will have at least a couple questions I feel completely unprepared for, because it’s just another exception to everything I’ve been logically taught. Common sense doesn’t play a roll, instinct doesn’t help, and prep material either, just stealing the test writer’s brain and surgically implanting it in your head seems like the only way to understand. Only if there was some sort of LSAC logic rulebook or massive textbook 3,000 pages that was at least available for the ones who want to put the time in…. future law students could study off of that the test makers and test takers both would have to adhere to so you don’t get some low-blow question, I feel like it would be more on level ground. Just my honest opinion.
...are you on speed?

thegarciab0y

New

Post by thegarciab0y » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Yeah dude I’m on speed, that’s why I’m on a law school forum. That makes sense. Just voicing my opinion freely, some may agree, some may not; I just don’t believe a standardized test should be robbing somebody an education after 3+ months of studying. Just an anguished LSAT studier that’s all, very far from drugs.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Crimson-LSAT-Prep

New

Post by Crimson-LSAT-Prep » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:10 am

Mike12188 wrote: I <3 logic games. I used to do them in class, now I have to listen or surf TLS/facebook :|
I still do them on the plane. Some people do sudoku, I do logic games!!

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:53 am

thegarciab0y wrote:I would also have to agree… the nasty nature of the LSAT in that there may be more than one “right” answer and then on others they’re may not even be a single one that makes sense is what makes it so hard. I find some of the hardest answers to be strictly one dimensional…. such that there is only one route to get to the right answer off of an inference (the test makers) when a multitude of inferences that could be made according to your personality and the way it strikes you. And reviewing every single answer for me works…. For that question type and stimulus set-up of course, and anything like it, but it’s almost like every new PT will have at least a couple questions I feel completely unprepared for, because it’s just another exception to everything I’ve been logically taught. Common sense doesn’t play a roll, instinct doesn’t help, and prep material either, just stealing the test writer’s brain and surgically implanting it in your head seems like the only way to understand. Only if there was some sort of LSAC logic rulebook or massive textbook 3,000 pages that was at least available for the ones who want to put the time in…. future law students could study off of that the test makers and test takers both would have to adhere to so you don’t get some low-blow question, I feel like it would be more on level ground. Just my honest opinion.
There is one right answer, and only one right answer. If you think otherwise, you're doing it wrong.

I stopped reading this verbal diarrhea after that.

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:03 am

thegarciab0y wrote:I would also have to agree… the nasty nature of the LSATin that there may be more than one “right” answer and then on others they’rethere may not even be a single one that makes senseis what makes it so hard. I find some of the hardest answers to be strictly one dimensional…. such that there is only one route to get to the right answer off of an inference (the test makers) when a multitude of inferences that could be made according to your personality and the way it strikes you invalidly. And reviewing every single answer for me works…. For that question type and stimulus set-up of course, and anything like it, but it’s almost like every new PT will have at least a couple questions I feel completely unprepared for, because it’s just another exception to everything I’ve been logically taught. Common sense doesn’t play a roll role, instinct doesn’t help, and prep material either, just stealing the test writer’s brain and surgically implanting it in your head seems like the only way to understand. Only if there was some sort of LSAC logic rulebook or massive textbook 3,000 pages that was at least available for the ones who want to put the time in…. future law students could study off of that the test makers and test takers both would have to adhere to so you don’t get some low-blow question, I feel like it would be more on level ground. Just my honest opinion.
Tried to FTFY, but then I got to the end. It would be on more level ground between whom? If they made the LSAT as "learnable" as you want it to be, wouldn't that ruin its express purpose?

thegarciab0y

New

Post by thegarciab0y » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:02 am

Yeah, I guess you’re right, I’ve always done great academically, but the LSAT is just a beast. I feel like the best prepared students are the ones who not only take tons of prep tests but also read different companys’ prep materials. I’ve gone through almost all of Powerscore, but I’m just not feeling up to par on my performances. Its the worst feeling knowing what you are capable of, but just confused on how to get there. I just received all 3 Manhattan LSAT strategy guides in the mail, and I’m hoping these will make my strengths faster and my weaknesses stronger by collaborating the best strategies of the two companies. I have read that Manhattan LSAT/Atlas is geared for higher scoring students, almost like helping bridge the gap from foundational knowledge--->where you want to be. This could just be me falling into their marketing pitfall, but it really seems to be the case. I didn't even bother to buy the RCB just because the reviews on the Atlas RC were much, much better. Maybe a little Manhattan LSAT/Atlas and a little more Pithy is all I need to get me where I need to be, still trying to figure it out though. If anybody else went from PS--->Atlas and thought it allowed them to break through their plateau, I'd like to hear if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:31 am

thegarciab0y wrote:Yeah, I guess you’re right, I’ve always done great academically, but the LSAT is just a beast. I feel like the best prepared students are the ones who not only take tons of prep tests but also read different companys’ prep materials. I’ve gone through almost all of Powerscore, but I’m just not feeling up to par on my performances. Its the worst feeling knowing what you are capable of, but just confused on how to get there. I just received all 3 Manhattan LSAT strategy guides in the mail, and I’m hoping these will make my strengths faster and my weaknesses stronger by collaborating the best strategies of the two companies. I have read that Manhattan LSAT/Atlas is geared for higher scoring students, almost like helping bridge the gap from foundational knowledge--->where you want to be. This could just be me falling into their marketing pitfall, but it really seems to be the case. I didn't even bother to buy the RCB just because the reviews on the Atlas RC were much, much better. Maybe a little Manhattan LSAT/Atlas and a little more Pithy is all I need to get me where I need to be, still trying to figure it out though. If anybody else went from PS--->Atlas and thought it allowed them to break through their plateau, I'd like to hear if you wouldn't mind sharing.
Well, I've always been strong with reading comp and logical reasoning, but weak on logic games. I went from powerscore/testmasters (took a course) to atlas logic games, and it helped me a ton.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:17 pm

These "PM me and I'll get back to you" threads are always suspect.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”