June 11 LSAT, completely new. Regarding PS Bibles, courses. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Yazzinit

New

June 11 LSAT, completely new. Regarding PS Bibles, courses.

Post by Yazzinit » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Viewed the forum a bit, seems really helpful! I've decided to try and take the June 2011 LSAT and wanted a push in the right direction. I see the PS Bibles are highly regarded. Should I start with those 3 and see how I do? Then possibly take a prep class if I don't do so well? What are the latest publication dates for the Bibles (Amazon has a few diff years, but cheaper than the PS site). So assuming I get the 3 books, which additional book should I purchase in order to begin taking practice tests? Thanks all for the push in the right direction.

The Gentleman

Silver

Re: June 11 LSAT, completely new. Regarding PS Bibles, courses.

Post by The Gentleman » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:14 pm

Take a practice test (PT) to see where you stand. If you do decently, (>145) then you're smart enough to self study with Bibles and PTs. If not (<145), then you might need a prep course/tutor to learn the fundamentals.

People may disagree with this, but I think it holds true most of the time.

Yazzinit

New

Post by Yazzinit » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Thank you for the advice. Here's a stupid followup question: What's the best place to take a practice test? The free one on the LSAC site? Or elsewhere that is considered better? Thanks for the quick and helpful reply

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Yazzinit wrote:Thank you for the advice. Here's a stupid followup question: What's the best place to take a practice test? The free one on the LSAC site? Or elsewhere that is considered better? Thanks for the quick and helpful reply
I would print out the free PDF from LSAC's site. Make sure you time yourself strictly on the diagnostic.

And check out the long-term study schedules on this website. They are the best IMHO.

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”