Testmasters course for December LSAT but testing in Feb Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kob

New

Testmasters course for December LSAT but testing in Feb

Post by kob » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I started with the Testmasters course in October, for the December LSAT. I'm not taking the actual test until February though - I am working full time and want to take it when I'm testing in the range I want to be in (170s). Until the class is over I have plenty of homework to keep me busy, but following the course, does anyone have advice for how to proceed? I can't be the only person who has done this! Thank you.

XtraordinaryMachine

New

Re: Testmasters course for December LSAT but testing in Feb

Post by XtraordinaryMachine » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:53 pm

kob wrote:Hi everyone,

I started with the Testmasters course in October, for the December LSAT. I'm not taking the actual test until February though - I am working full time and want to take it when I'm testing in the range I want to be in (170s). Until the class is over I have plenty of homework to keep me busy, but following the course, does anyone have advice for how to proceed? I can't be the only person who has done this! Thank you.
Review the curriculum/strategies and then take pts.

Gluck.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:55 pm

It takes awhile to digest the material from an LSAT prep course so you may be on the right track to maximizing your score.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:36 am

Agreed with previous responses.

Sometimes people fall behind with the homework during a prep course, especially in TM, where they assign a TON of homework.

For this reason, and the fact that sometimes people need more time to let things digest, I'm of the opinion that it's better to give yourself plenty of time after the course to review things more thoroughly on your own before taking the exam itself.

As XtraordinaryMachine said, review what you learned, fill in any conceptual gaps, and get used to taking full sections and PTs (TM focuses a lot on doing questions by type).

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:35 am

review your notes, drill your weak areas, and do full length prep tests and review. You have a great plan actually. Allowing yourself extra time to digest the material and stregnthen your weak areas will help ensure that you will only need to take the test once.

flannelman

New

Post by flannelman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:11 am

Save some of the last section of Supplemental LR questions for a month or so before your Feb test, and save yourself some PT's as well so you can keep track of your progress along the way.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”