vodkashot's Dec. 2010 LSAT log Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
vodkashot

New

vodkashot's Dec. 2010 LSAT log

Post by vodkashot » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:32 pm

A public log for the December LSAT to help keep myself accountable.

First ever diagnostic written completely cold and prep-less: 152

I've just started doing full, very strictly timed PTs yesterday. I'm going to start splicing in fake experimentals soon, but so far I've been writing all four sections with no breaks to help with the stamina practice.

Nov. 11, PT47: 166
LR -4; RC -3; LR -3, LG -4

A very disappointing run-through. RC was uncharacteristically bad, I made some very sloppy mistakes and got a bunch of early (i.e. first 10 of the section) LR questions wrong and LG was....well, LG. Since I've been only self-studying, I've gotten a bit lazy and stopped practicing LGs because they're my least favourite section. Not good.

Nov 12, PT50: 169
RC -2; LR -6; LG -2; LR -1

RC: Ah, the famous riddled basins of attraction passage! I actually didn't think it was too bad, but I found that the entire RC section was a whole for PT50 was relatively difficult, as I finished with only half a minute left. But I guess RCs have indeed been getting more difficult, since I usually finish the older RCs with -0 and 5 minutes extra time usually.
LR: I have no idea what hapened on section 2. I definitely ran out of time here, because I got -4 in a row for the last 4 questions I did (I had to guess the last question). Section 4 was great, I finished with extra time and felt comfortable with the section as a whole.
LG: I completely misread a rule for the last game and only found out halfway. I was expecting much worse, so I'm not going to complain that much here. I do need to avoid doing stupid mistakes like misreading and misdiagramming rules.
I really wasn't sure how to diagram the last game, though, and when reviewing game #3, I realized I missed a bunch of key inferences. Luckily the first 2 games were easy so I had some extra time to work on the last 2 games, I really do need to do more LG practice.

I hope to break 170 by December, but my LR seems to be wildly inconsistent. There seems to be no consistent pattern for the types of questions I've been getting wrong either. Any tips to improve?

vodkashot

New

Re: vodkashot's Dec. 2010 LSAT log

Post by vodkashot » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Nov. 13, PT48: 167
LR -3, LG -5, RC -0, LR -4

Wow, pretty tough curve for PT 48, considering that my raw score was the same as PT 50 (89). I'm a bit confused--aren't December LSATs generally known for their more forgiving curves? At least, that's what I read somewhere....

LR: I think I am becoming a bit too paranoid about my answers in LR, at least 3 or 4 of the answers I had incorrect were initially correct until I changed them. ARGH. At least my timing was OK, I finished with about 1 or 2 minutes per LR section. However, I think I should rush less in the first 10 LR questions per section, I had a couple of bonehead mistakes on otherwise easy questions.

LG: Definitely going to be my downfall in December due to my neglect in practicing them. The pure sequencing game in this section more or less screwed me over as I haven't done a sequencing game since I did the LG Bible in September, the stupid game here took me over 10 minutes (though on the bright side, all my answers in the game were correct). Unfortunately, because of the sequencing game, I was left with an inadequate amount of time to finish the last game, which resulted in the majority of my incorrect answers for the section. ACK.

RC: No complaints here.

To do:
PT 49 on Tuesday
LG: practice sequencing games and grouping games especially, and be faster at finding inferences
LR: practice weaken and flaw in reasoning questions, try not to be so paranoid

paulshortys10

Silver

Post by paulshortys10 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Man I would kill for an rc score like that....great LR score too....LG is the easiest to master man, u got a 170 in ur hands

vodkashot

New

Post by vodkashot » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:35 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:Man I would kill for an rc score like that....great LR score too....LG is the easiest to master man, u got a 170 in ur hands
Oh, I would definitely kill for a 170. But I don't know, my LG seems to get worse and worse. I think I have major speed issues on anything that's not a linear game, especially when I'm supposed to find inferences. Everyone says a -0 on LGs is possible and the easiest to master, but I can't seem to get it...I'm actually thinking of postponing my LSAT to start all over and re-learn the fundamentals of LG :(

paulshortys10

Silver

Post by paulshortys10 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 am

vodkashot wrote:
paulshortys10 wrote:Man I would kill for an rc score like that....great LR score too....LG is the easiest to master man, u got a 170 in ur hands
Oh, I would definitely kill for a 170. But I don't know, my LG seems to get worse and worse. I think I have major speed issues on anything that's not a linear game, especially when I'm supposed to find inferences. Everyone says a -0 on LGs is possible and the easiest to master, but I can't seem to get it...I'm actually thinking of postponing my LSAT to start all over and re-learn the fundamentals of LG :(

What i learned from the LG bible and Atlas LG is that the more time you spend diagramming, the easier the questions will be. If i were you I would take the days that I don't do PT's to concentrate specifically on those types of games that give you trouble. You got a little less than a month man, you can do this!!!!!...Don't forget that games are supposed to be the funnest ones too...so have fun doing them and stop being scared of them...

K now tell me how to do good on RC and LR....jk lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”