Princeton Review diagnostics or other fake lsats Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolboy

New

Princeton Review diagnostics or other fake lsats

Post by lawschoolboy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Has anyone ever used Princeton Review diagnostics (such as the ones in the "Cracking the LSAT" book) to practice off? Are they pretty similar to real LSATs and worth practicing with? I've already gone through every LSAC released LSAT multiple times. If the Princeton Review diagnostics are no good, do any other companies make ones worth practicing with? Thanks!

northwood

Platinum

Re: Princeton Review diagnostics or other fake lsats

Post by northwood » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:26 pm

use official lsat test only

the princeton review's fake tests are trash

lawschoolboy

New

Post by lawschoolboy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:32 pm

northwood wrote:use official lsat test only

the princeton review's fake tests are trash
Northwood,

Can you elaborate? Are you speaking from experience? Thank you.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:33 pm

It's really best to stick to real PT's during your prep. What are you PTing at currently? Unless you're 175+ all the time I'm pretty sure you'll benefit more from redoing tests than from taking fake ones.

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:38 pm

lawschoolboy wrote: I've already gone through every LSAC released LSAT multiple times.
Then you are as prepared as you can possibly be.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:40 pm

unless you are taking a class from Princeton Review ( live online, or inclass)- they use Real questions from real tests the books you find from princeton review in barnes and nobles, or whatever use questions that they wrote. they do not have permission from lsac to use lsat questions, except for the classes- partially why they are so expensive. The questions they use in the commerical bookstore books use questions that have similar phrasing, but not the same exact phrasing

its best to use the real questions, not paraphrased ones.

just use real lsat questions, unlesss you have a photographic memory, you wont remember the exact question answer.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:43 pm

What northwood is trying to say is that the questions in Cracking the LSAT are closely based on real LSAT questions, but they are not themselves real LSAT questions (unlike the questions in our course books). If you're intimately familiar with every single PT from 1 to 61, you'll actually recognize the questions as very, very similar to some old questions (I forget which ones, but we spiraled off of something from the 90s, I think). Those questions are meant to be illustrative examples, not real practice.

So yeah, your best bet is probably to re-take PTs until you're getting 180s on them even with only 30 minutes per section. If you're not able to do that, you're not excessively familiar with the tests yet.

I do recognize that it is a little nerve-wracking not to be able to measure your progress with a realistic score every now and then, but because PR tests are related to real LSATs, taking them is sort of like re-taking PTs anyway, so you wouldn't get a realistic score off of them either.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”