LR Bible > is this good? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JD=Doctor

Bronze

LR Bible > is this good?

Post by JD=Doctor » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:57 pm

I got a 166 in october ..it was undisclosed but i guesstimate that i got 6-8 total wrong on LR

I just borrowed my friends LR bible is it enough to just read the book cover to cover how should i approach the book?

Thanks 8)

gdane

Diamond

Re: LR Bible > is this good?

Post by gdane » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Figure out your problem areas. What problems do you struggle with? A lot of question types are very similar and have the same basic roots. Strengthen and Inference questions are an example of this.

Just figure that out and go through the appropriate chapters.

Good luck!

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:20 pm

• Do one recent test - don't waste them.
  • Score it and identify your weak areas.
  • Read the bible and fix the weakness.
  • Profit.
I'd suggest using an older test, however LR questions on recent tests appear to be getting more difficult.

The Truth

New

Post by The Truth » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:17 pm

JD=Doctor wrote:I got a 166 in october ..it was undisclosed but i guesstimate that i got 6-8 total wrong on LR

I just borrowed my friends LR bible is it enough to just read the book cover to cover how should i approach the book?

Thanks 8)
If you're missing 6-8 on LR, don't read the book front to back or revamp your LR strategy. Just focus on the question types that are giving you problems and consult the LR bible to help you with those.

I'm in the same realm as you LR-wise and at this point I'm just reviewing question types and focusing on the details. In regards to the LR bible, the assumption/strengthen/justify section was especially helpful.

smc44

New

Post by smc44 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:33 pm

JD=Doctor wrote:I got a 166 in october ..it was undisclosed but i guesstimate that i got 6-8 total wrong on LR

Thanks 8)
It's a great book and worth taking the time to study if you have any problems in logical reasoning. This is my favorite Powerscore book.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ComatoseClown

Bronze

Post by ComatoseClown » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:03 am

I'd suggest using an older test, however LR questions on recent tests appear to be getting more difficult.
Can others also confirm this?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:06 pm

LR on newer tests are changing from the older tests. Get the LRB for a base, and spend more time on the later sections ( the ones that are more abstract are towards the end of the book)

make sure to do as many prep tests from 50-61 as possible. Hit the games from 39 and earlier, as the lull in the 40s seems to be over. RC is more dense, and you need to spend a little more time reading the passages, but you will be fine

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:52 pm

It's helpful. Consistently, my best section is LR, and I think the Bible had something to do with it. But as others have mentioned, in order to take the next step, you need to identify problem areas and see what errors you make. Only when correcting those will your score be consistently high.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:54 pm

ComatoseClown wrote:
Can others also confirm this?
I agree

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”