When to take the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SEC12

New

When to take the LSAT

Post by SEC12 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Junior at a Top20 school with a 3.5 GPA, but I do not intend to go to law school until 2 years after graduation. Does work experience, specifically as a teacher/coach, add to an application in that it could possibly help me get into a better school than my mediocre 3.5 GPA alone without work experience?

Would anybody recommend that I take the LSAT during my senior year even if I am not going immediately from undergrad into law school?

benito

Bronze

Re: When to take the LSAT

Post by benito » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:04 am

You don't want your score to be more than three years old when you apply as long as it is within that window take it whenever you think you will be most prepared.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:13 am

why do people include their UG's ranking when asking for advice about LSAT stuff?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:14 am

they mistakenly think its relevant or helpful

just like having an upward gpa trend..... a rather obvious statement

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:16 am

"just like having an upward gpa trend..... a rather obvious statement"

This would be relevant in the what are my chances thread as many adcoms have said they do take into consideration performance trends.

However, like others have said. No one cares where you went to undergrad.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:17 am

SEC12 wrote:Junior at a Top20 school with a 3.5 GPA, but I do not intend to go to law school until 2 years after graduation. Does work experience, specifically as a teacher/coach, add to an application in that it could possibly help me get into a better school than my mediocre 3.5 GPA alone without work experience?

Would anybody recommend that I take the LSAT during my senior year even if I am not going immediately from undergrad into law school?

No take it when you're out of school. Assuming you'll be working full time you should have plenty of time at night to study for the test. Ideally take 3-4 months.

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:17 am

As a teacher or coach? You will have infinite time to study. Do it when you're working.

EDIT - Do Teach for America or something. I don't think coaching will add much to an application.

SEC12

New

Post by SEC12 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:21 pm

I am looking to teach at several New England boarding schools so that explains the coaching aspect--- all faculty members are expected to participate as a coach during one of the three athletic seasons.

TFA is intriguing, but I would prefer to live in a bit more 'comfortable' setting

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”