Need advice on my situation Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
chalhou1

Bronze

Need advice on my situation

Post by chalhou1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:53 pm

3.78 gpa, criminal justic major

Canceled the June LSAT due to illness. Retook in October and got a 158. Nothing special but I was happy with my score. I would like to apply early and I'm happy with just going to Michigan State or Penn State with scholarship money. I also would like to go to Ohio State and right now I don't stand a good chance with my LSAT score.

I feel like I can get into the 160-164 range but I'm also afraid that I could go down. My question is should I try again in December and miss out on early applications? Also do I write an addendum for my LSAT cancellation?

northwood

Platinum

Re: Need advice on my situation

Post by northwood » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:56 pm

apply now. you wont be considered complete until they get your december score. You should explain why you cancelled your first attempt.

Remember, if you score 5 points or higher, some schools may want an explination for it. Double check with each school, and call if possible

chalhou1

Bronze

Post by chalhou1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:47 pm

thanks is it really necessary to write an addendum for the cancellation?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:37 pm

it depends. If your first score was significantly lower than your last, and there was a test in between ( ex. feb score a 156, cancel or absent in june, get a 167 in otober, then yes) if there is no test in between then maybe not, or if the score increase is minimal ( you dont need to explain a 1-3 point jump, or even up to a 5 point jump) then id say no.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”