LSAT ADVICE Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
brawnny man

New

LSAT ADVICE

Post by brawnny man » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:57 pm

I am new to this site but have been lurking around for sometime.

I recently just took the Oct. LSAT and did not do so hot, a score of a 148. I studied for about a month with the Bibles. This is where i could use some expert advice....does anyone think I should not take the Dec. LSAT and take a full LSAT class and prepare for the Feb. LSAT? My goal is to get to a 160 and I hope this is attainable. I am registered for the Dec one but am I on the fence of switching to Feb. but I am worried it is going to hurt my chances of getting in to the schools I want. What do my fellow TLS members think?

Cheers in Advance!

NYCLSATTutor

Bronze

Re: LSAT ADVICE

Post by NYCLSATTutor » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Its unlikely you will move from a 148 to a 160 within 6 weeks. The Feb test is more likely. Applying in Feb will cost you points, but if you actually increase your LSAT score from Dec. to Feb, it is well worth it.

cornell

Bronze

Post by cornell » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:08 pm

I would recommend next June, because if you take it Feb you'll be applying in the next cycle anyways, so why not give yourself plenty of time and really nail it down.

There are plenty of study advice in this forum. Check the sticky section.

brawnny man

New

Post by brawnny man » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Thanks you for taking the time to reply! So are you saying I should take it in December or just wait till February? Or take both? Thanks again!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:12 pm

go with june if you are in school. February if you are out of school and not working. Take the time you need to study which is at least 3 months plus. There are a lot of good lsat classes and tutors out there if you are willing to pay for them. You have the bibles, which is a good start, use them in addition to the classes ( the concepts are very similar, the verbage is different). Make sure to do at least 10+ full length ( 5 section) prep tests, in addition to timed section work and drills. Actually, the more I think about it, the more inclined I am to go with June ( you get a score breakdown so you know what you may need to work on for october- round 3 if necessary)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cornell

Bronze

Post by cornell » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:14 pm

oh, and make sure you get the LATEST PTs, there's a noticeable difference starting from around PT 50. But I think the older games are helpful in terms of studying, I found them harder so it's good practice.

brawnny man

New

Post by brawnny man » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:17 pm

Well I am out of school and I am working, but law school is what I am striving for so...I will def. Look into the classes for February...thanks for the great advice guys...I also bought the first actual test so I am assuming they are out dated.
Last edited by brawnny man on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:20 pm

I concur with the suggestion to take it in June. You'll probably improve markedly between now and then.

February could be worthwhile if you really seriously need to apply this cycle. However, you're left applying the day you get your score back to make it into the 2011 cycle. Most schools already know who they're accepting by that point. If you get a score beyond your expectations - say mid to high 160s you may find the schools you should be competitive at are effectively full.

brawnny man

New

Post by brawnny man » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Thanks a ton! I would be lost without this advice!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”