Test Prep Courses in Canada Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
R2010

New

Test Prep Courses in Canada

Post by R2010 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:53 pm

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any insight into LSAT prep courses in Canada. Most of the prep courses I have looked into only offer courses in the US.

By doing a google search I found a company called Oxford Seminars, but I haven't heard anyone mention them before...so I am not sure if they are any good.

Any help would be appreciated.

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Re: Test Prep Courses in Canada

Post by AverageTutoring » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:01 pm

R2010 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any insight into LSAT prep courses in Canada. Most of the prep courses I have looked into only offer courses in the US.

By doing a google search I found a company called Oxford Seminars, but I haven't heard anyone mention them before...so I am not sure if they are any good.

Any help would be appreciated.
Depends on your location. Oxford Seminars are probably your worst bet though. They rush through their material and have a heavy focus on LG. That is, they do many, many examples of LG on the board and put minimal focus on LR and non-existent focus on RC. They also only administer two full prep-tests in their course. I would stay away from Oxford.

The other options are Kaplan, ThePrincetonReview, Richardson Prep, and Harvardy Ready.

My recommendation would be either ThePrincetonReview or if you live in Toronto, HarvardReady. There is really nothing bad you can say about TPR's curriculum. I had a friend who took their course in London and he said it helped him quite a bit. I took a HarvardReady course with Yoni, a member of these boards as well as a member of the Canadian law schools boards, and I couldn't be more pleased.

After two months of working with the bibles I was PTing around 160, within two weeks of working with Yoni I was up at 169 and a month or so later 175+. On game day I managed a 170, and I thought I underperformed. He is definitely the best LSAT instructor there is. I don't need to meet any others to know that, he is that good.

Kaplan is Kaplan. You'll hear a lot of bad mouthing on these boards about them, but at the end of the day they provide you with a structure that works. I would argue that their course isn't dynamic enough to allow you to obtain your absolute maximum potential, but they are somewhat good for raising your score.

So my recommendation is either HarvardReady with Yoni, or ThePrincetonReview. Or if you live in London, i'll help you for free because I'm cool like that lol.

R2010

New

Post by R2010 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:41 pm

Thank you, I will look into your suggestions! Unfortunately I am not located near Ontario, but I'll see what I can do.

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:46 pm

R2010 wrote:Thank you, I will look into your suggestions! Unfortunately I am not located near Ontario, but I'll see what I can do.
TPR is your best bet then. They seem to have offices all over Canada so you should be able to find one reasonably close. Also, these forums can be of great help!

Cheers

jlhero

New

Post by jlhero » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:14 pm

powerscore and testmasters both available in toronto and vancouver.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”