Should I Write an Explanation? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cornell

Bronze

Should I Write an Explanation?

Post by cornell » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:19 pm

I took the LSAT three times, the first time was Sep 2007 and it was canceled, second time was Dec 2007 and got a 166, third time was this past Oct, got a 179.

Honestly I don't know how law schools will judge my scores, especially the jump from 166 to 179. Should I write an explanation for that discrepancy? How do you write such things? I really don't have a good reason except I tried harder this time, and obviously it's not a smart thing to tell them I didn't try as hard on the first two attempts.

Any advice? Thanks.

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Re: Should I Write an Explanation?

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:22 pm

cornell wrote:I took the LSAT three times, the first time was Sep 2007 and it was canceled, second time was Dec 2007 and got a 166, third time was this past Oct, got a 179.

Honestly I don't know how law schools will judge my scores, especially the jump from 166 to 179. Should I write an explanation for that discrepancy? How do you write such things? I really don't have a good reason except I tried harder this time, and obviously it's not a smart thing to tell them I didn't try as hard on the first two attempts.

Any advice? Thanks.
That is quite a jump. You will only need to explain this to T14. That you literally jumped up from above-average score to a god-like score will raise some eyebrows in the ivory towers.

State it simply. I did not feel like the 166 was indicative of my abilities, so I retook the test and got a score that I do believe is representative of my abilities. Then bask in your greatness and enjoy HYS.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”