Postgame Analysis Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rsd16

New

Postgame Analysis

Post by rsd16 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:59 am

So like a number of people on TLS, I was left literally asking WTF in response to both the test and my score. I took several PTs and when I was actually taking the October test I felt something was off as far as material. Was October a unique kind of test? Did LSAC throw us a curveball? I'm asking because I want to be prepared for December if that test is anything like October. Maybe this is a new era of the LSAT, because there was definitely some shit on October I felt was new.

Any insight on that or anything related to retaking? I want to make December my bitch.

Adjudicator

Silver

Re: Postgame Analysis

Post by Adjudicator » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:00 am

It's going to be very enlightening once we see the disclosure because right now, I can't figure out how I could have possibly missed enough to get a 175. There must have been some questions that really fooled me. Or, the curve was insane.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:01 am

rsd16 wrote:So like a number of people on TLS, I was left literally asking WTF in response to both the test and my score. I took several PTs and when I was actually taking the October test I felt something was off as far as material. Was October a unique kind of test? Did LSAC throw us a curveball? I'm asking because I want to be prepared for December if that test is anything like October. Maybe this is a new era of the LSAT, because there was definitely some shit on October I felt was new.

Any insight on that or anything related to retaking? I want to make December my bitch.
And then I want to butt rape her. Hard.
I think we need to wait for the stupid test/answer sheet to be released so we can see wtf was up w/ lsac.

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:03 am

Post-Game
----------------------------------

I feel like I fumbled the ball at the 30 yard line but recovered it after losing 20 or so yards. Yup. That about sums it up.

170 BTW.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:03 am

Adjudicator wrote:It's going to be very enlightening once we see the disclosure because right now, I can't figure out how I could have possibly missed enough to get a 175. There must have been some questions that really fooled me. Or, the curve was insane.
Henceforth to be known as the Voldemort curve.

Yeah, I think that the LSAC people know they went rogue on us and are trying to avoid letting us know what's going on as long as possible.

I want to know the answers!!!!!!!!! But I also don't, because I'll be like "o hai, that question is so easy, why didn't I get a 180".

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:04 am

I'm a bit tipsy so all these high scorers on TLS make me want to hate life.

yzero1

Bronze

Post by yzero1 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:11 am

I thought that some of the LR questions were strange. Not completely unique, but there was enough of a spin on them so that they were bound to throw some people off. Not sure if this signals a trend for future LSATs.

In terms of the curve, I wouldn't be too surprised if it was really stingy. I guess we'll have to wait and see - hopefully they'll post the pdfs by tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”