Help: My score was cancelled, but I still got the score?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
oakinwind

New

Help: My score was cancelled, but I still got the score??

Post by oakinwind » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:24 am

I am sincerely asking for advice:

I took the Oct09 LSAT. On the test date, I took the cell phone with me because my home is far away and I need to call my friends to pick me up after the test. I asked the proctor if she could keep the cell phone for me. She said OK and everything seemed fine at that time. Then during the break after 3 section. the proctor suddenly told me that I could not continue the test because I brought the cell phone and I was dislodged out of the test room! She also told me that my score would be cancelled automatically and I might get an miscondcut report from LSAC...

Depressing it is, I took a week to tell myself that the cancellation was there and I could do nothing with it. I should put my effort on preparing for the next test. Then today, when I checked my email, I found that I got the score, a 138! totally shocked!

is it true that you may still get a score even if the score was cancelled? Shall I call LSAC?
Any suggestion will greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Addicted to LSAT

New

Re: Help: My score was cancelled, but I still got the score??

Post by Addicted to LSAT » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:45 am

That's terrible! But probably nothing to worry about. The proctor probably just forgot to cancel your score. Call LSAC and they should be able to sort it out for you.

oakinwind

New

Post by oakinwind » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks! I will call LSAC to see what happens

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:16 pm

I hid my cell phone outside of the testing center in a non-descript paper bag, wrapped in Saran Wrap on the inside for precisely the reason you cited... the test center was pretty far away from my home and I couldn't drive (broken wrist - made taking the LSAT fun too) so I had to rely on my husband to drive me. He couldn't wait the entire time (work) so his mom had to pick me up. Any way, the hidden cell phone worked well. There's nothing in the rules about not having it concealed outside the test center.

That said, I'm sure the score cancelation will be taken care of by LSAC but you want to make sure that it gets canceled even if you don't sign the back and all that rigmarole.

Either way, that's an unfortunate occurrence and I really hope you don't have that disciplinary action on your record!

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:21 pm

Shit man, that totally sucks. From what I've read on these threads, even if the score cancellation is obvious LSAC is still really reluctant to cancel it after the deadline. I'm sure writing an addendum and explaining the situation, the score shouldn't affect you at schools that take the highest LSAT at all. Best of luck to you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:31 pm

KevinP wrote:Shit man, that totally sucks. From what I've read on these threads, even if the score cancellation is obvious LSAC is still really reluctant to cancel it after the deadline. I'm sure writing an addendum and explaining the situation, the score shouldn't affect you at schools that take the highest LSAT at all. Best of luck to you.
Even for the ones that average...if the OP manages something like a 175 and has a 139 on record, do you really think they'll average the two? Naa...no way, the 138 wont matter at all. It's fine but LSAC fucked this one up so give them shit.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:52 pm

oakinwind wrote:I am sincerely asking for advice:

I took the Oct09 LSAT. On the test date, I took the cell phone with me because my home is far away and I need to call my friends to pick me up after the test. I asked the proctor if she could keep the cell phone for me. She said OK and everything seemed fine at that time. Then during the break after 3 section. the proctor suddenly told me that I could not continue the test because I brought the cell phone and I was dislodged out of the test room! She also told me that my score would be cancelled automatically and I might get an miscondcut report from LSAC...

Depressing it is, I took a week to tell myself that the cancellation was there and I could do nothing with it. I should put my effort on preparing for the next test. Then today, when I checked my email, I found that I got the score, a 138! totally shocked!

is it true that you may still get a score even if the score was cancelled? Shall I call LSAC?
Any suggestion will greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Did you check with LSAC to make sure your score was cancelled in the first place after the exam? I would have called them to be sure, especially if you did not fill in the bubble on the back on the answer sheet canceling your score.

Still, I agree with everyone here. I would definitely hound them and also speak to the proctor, if possible, to find out what happened.

oakinwind

New

Post by oakinwind » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:40 am

Hi Guys, Thanks a lot for all you suggestions. It is cancelled now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”