How to manage Testmasters HW + full course load Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Lafakad

New

How to manage Testmasters HW + full course load

Post by Lafakad » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:07 pm

topic.

Taking 16 senior Chemical Engineering credits, plus testmasters. I honestly feel like I have no time to finish it all. I'm already behind like 2 lessons.

3|ink

Platinum

Re: How to manage Testmasters HW + full course load

Post by 3|ink » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:09 pm

Lafakad wrote:topic.

Taking 16 senior Chemical Engineering credits, plus testmasters. I honestly feel like I have no time to finish it all. I'm already behind like 2 lessons.
It's not practical (to say the least). How well did you diag? Maybe you don't need all of the homework? I know a lot of people who just attended class, took PTs and scored rather well. However, that's only because they scored 160+ on their diags.

If all else fails, retake during the summer when you don't have to a full course load on your plate.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:10 pm

the homework helped me more than the lectures... so find a way to manage

Lafakad

New

Post by Lafakad » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:11 pm

3|ink wrote:

It's not practical (to say the least). How well did you diag? Maybe you don't need all of the homework? I know a lot of people who just attended class, took PTs and scored rather well. However, that's only because they scored 160+ on their diags.

If all else fails, retake during the summer when you don't have to a full course load on your plate.
Not so well. I basically aced the logic games part, but didnt do so hot on RC/LR. Maybe I'll just focus on RC/LR, since I feel confident about my LG abilities.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Lafakad wrote:
3|ink wrote:

Not so well. I basically aced the logic games part, but didnt do so hot on RC/LR. Maybe I'll just focus on RC/LR, since I feel confident about my LG abilities.
RC and LR are the hardest to improve on. I hate to tell you, but you shouldn't have signed up for the LSAT with all of this work on your plate. You have a lot of learning to do and not much time to do it (38 days). If you can't even find time for TestMasters, I don't predict you doing well on December's exam.

My advice would be to cut your losses and ask TM to let you defer until June of next year (assuming you don't have summer school). Maybe they'll just prorate it and only charge you for classes taken thus far. That'll give you more room to focus on the LSAT and do your TM homework.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Calculate the time the same way admissions will calculate your LSAT and GPA. LSAT 75% and UG work 25%. Worry about your LSAT bro, its more important in the grand scheme of things.

slax

Bronze

Post by slax » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:06 pm

It's ok to be behind at first. Do as much homework as you can. Spend your time on the question types you get wrong. If you understand the lesson, use the class time to do homework rather than listen to the class debate whether it's a or b. Once class starts, you can check the correct answers on the members site lesson page. Only waste time listening to the debate for the questions you couldn't get right on your own. In each subsequent lesson, it will be easier to do this whole ignoring the rest of the class thing. After the first month, I could pull off homework in class.

I also made a chart tracking my percentage wrong of each question type and practiced until each percentage was as close to 100 as I could get. You have to analyze your weaknesses and allocate your time appropriately. Count the four hour classes in your study time and allocate that time wisely. Don't waste 2 hours doing only 7 questions. You have to pick up the pace in class once you understand the general strategies. I had 15 credits, worked 20 hours, and improved my score by 22 points.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”