Testmaster 2 days weekend course Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Dtcrush

New

Testmaster 2 days weekend course

Post by Dtcrush » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:33 am

I'm debating whether I should enroll in the 2 days intensive weekend course for December test date. It's only on one Saturday and Sunday from 9 pm til 6pm. They also provide you with books, online resources, and test. Would anyone recommend this?
Thanks!

gambelda

Bronze

Re: Testmaster 2 days weekend course

Post by gambelda » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am

I found this weekend course entirely worthless. It's meant for people who score probably close to a 150 baseline. If you're close to that then take it. If you're well above, don't bother.

My class was littered with idiotic questions like "Can you explain why if A --> B then why "not B-->not A"? Get the powerscore books and you learn the exact same stuff while spending $300 less.

I had a few complaints and suggestions that I gave them at their corporate headquarters and all I got back was people being pissed off that I would even dare to say that they aren't doing the best job they could be.

At least 4 people in my class almost walked out after the first day and didn't come back because we thought it was a total waste.

Dtcrush

New

Post by Dtcrush » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:13 pm

When did u take the course gambelda?

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:20 pm

No. You're wasting your time with a 2 day course.

You would learn more from two hours of personal tutoring than from 2 days in an intensive course. Like the other OP said, if you're a 150 tester, then take it. If you're serious about LSAT prep you should have a good grasp on things and a start way before the weekend before the exam.

Everything they cover in these courses is very basic.

Basic diagrams, basic questions etc. They are meant to be for students who are at the low end and middle of test takers.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:32 pm

It might be worthwhile to take a weekend course several months before one's scheduled LSAT test date as a start to preparing for the exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

svarne2

New

Post by svarne2 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:38 pm

I looked into that course when I was studying for the Oct. 9th test... It looks like it's designed for people who are a couple weeks away from test day and haven't bothered to study at all... Spent the extra time and money and take the Princeton Review Hyperlearning... It's very much worth it and probably raised my score 13-14 points.

Dtcrush

New

Post by Dtcrush » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:45 pm

Thank you for all your feedbacks everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”