The STUPIDEST thing I did with this LSAT was... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
pppokerface

Bronze

Re: The STUPIDEST thing I did with this LSAT was...

Post by pppokerface » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:00 pm

schark1234

New

Post by schark1234 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:20 pm

flipped out on van driver game. guessed d on questions 3, 4, and 5. hopefully, praying, that god will tell me the answers were d to those so I don't have to cancel.

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:22 pm

pppokerface wrote:Image
I don't get this. What is this a picture of and how is it funny (i know it will no longer be funny once you have to explain it to me, but I'm Canadian, give me a break!).

JesusChrist

Bronze

Post by JesusChrist » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:29 pm

Stupidest thing I did was decide at the break to cancel my score. And then, somewhere in the middle of sec 5, change my mind about canceling, after I had spent all of section 4 agonizing about section 2, having already decided that it wouldn't matter since I'm canceling. ARRRGGG.

Didn't finish my games section (sec 4) or my last LR.

pppokerface

Bronze

Post by pppokerface » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:34 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:
I don't get this. What is this a picture of and how is it funny (i know it will no longer be funny once you have to explain it to me, but I'm Canadian, give me a break!).
the variables in the nurse game

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:52 pm

OH MY GOD. I totally read "two spaces" and not AT LEAST. F--K!
No wonder I ran out of time on this game/its stopped making sense. SIIIIIIIIIIGH.

170 is slippingggggggg. I CANNOT score lower than my original score (168)
I'm going to cryyyyyy

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:59 pm

uh oh I don't remember any 'at least 2'...

Damn.

Then again I don't remember much if anything from the test.

Regardless misreading a rule like that on a LG doesn't mean you failed the whole game, I've done that on PT's and still gone 2/6 or 3/7 or whatever. So it sucks but not necessarily the end of the world, unless you were shooting for 170+ in which case it really tightens things up for you.

DrackedaryMaster

Bronze

Post by DrackedaryMaster » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:02 am

On the last 3-4 questions I had to guess on LG, I decided to base my answer on the basis of how that question made me feel about the test makers based on how time consuming it was to test the hypos:

(A)holes
(B)a$tards
(C)***s***ers
(D)*****bags
(E)ffing*m*mer*f*ers

Okay so I didn't really use this method, but it sure made me feel better.

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:03 am

minnbills wrote:uh oh I don't remember any 'at least 2'...
Damn.
Then again I don't remember much if anything from the test.
Regardless misreading a rule like that on a LG doesn't mean you failed the whole game, I've done that on PT's and still gone 2/6 or 3/7 or whatever. So it sucks but not necessarily the end of the world, unless you were shooting for 170+ in which case it really tightens things up for you.
Yeah I am shooting for 170+.
I managed to answer only 3/6 questions for that game. The others were blind guesses. I know I at least got 1/3 that I answered wrong. So... I'm thinking -4 on LG which is terrible for me. I thought LR was tricky.
RC (transnationalism) I probably missed at least 2. So I'm going to need a -13/-14 MIRACULOUS curve.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Tainted_Praise

Bronze

Post by Tainted_Praise » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:02 am

At least two? What? What? Where is this coming from? I don't recall this? I am now certain I screwed myself over on the game with the nurses :/

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:09 am

Stupidest things I did:

LG section - I should've tackled the last one first and the first one last. I had a 5 questioner that bugged the shit out of me first and I spent 10 minutes on it and not enough time on the simple linear 7 spacer nurse game. FML.

LR - spent way too much time on first 10 questions in each "real" section. Experimental, I was able to do 15 in 15 but I spent 15+ minutes on the first 10 sections and then panicked. Got 5 minutes called with 5 questions left in one section and 4 questions left in the other. Had to guess.

RC - I only bubbled to 26. Not sure if I misbubbled but I was basically out of time for the entire last passage anyway. Brutal. Proctor called 3 mins left instead of five. I should've powered through the first few sections but in June I had experimental RC first and thought there'd be a chance see RC on the other side of the break.

I'm kinda freaking out tonight.

moxiepostulate

Bronze

Post by moxiepostulate » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:25 am

pppokerface wrote:
AverageTutoring wrote:

Oooooh... Yeah. I'm glad I caught the inference faster than I caught this reference. Definitely got halfway through the game before I caught it though. Merp.

Pastels

Bronze

Post by Pastels » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:48 am

Good - -0 on LG, I am sure of it

Bad - changed 3 answers on LR from correct to incorrect. Rulle of law, shakesfuck, and an easy question.

Ugly - I thought my first LR was exp. So I did not take it serious enough, the bricks plus everything else screamed we are testing new questions. Because of that I did not check my answers on a few questions.

Right now I am looking at a min. -8 due to being a moron to a max of -15? I need a -12 curve, badly.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:50 am

I like how this thread has gone in a completely different direction than where it started.

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:57 am

DrackedaryMaster wrote:On the last 3-4 questions I had to guess on LG, I decided to base my answer on the basis of how that question made me feel about the test makers based on how time consuming it was to test the hypos:

(A)holes
(B)a$tards
(C)***s***ers
(D)*****bags
(E)ffing*m*mer*f*ers

Okay so I didn't really use this method, but it sure made me feel better.
In this case I would have guessed E on: ShakespeareQ, A&B passage, medicineQ, and several LG Q's

confusedlawyer

Bronze

Post by confusedlawyer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:02 am

If I had a chance to redo the car/driver game and the African Historiography passage, I'd be back on here Oct. 29th with a 180 in hand.

..FML

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:45 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:
pppokerface wrote:
AverageTutoring wrote:

Oooooh... Yeah. I'm glad I caught the inference faster than I caught this reference. Definitely got halfway through the game before I caught it though. Merp.
What inference? I believe the restrictions on H and M were due to rules, no?
confusedlawyer wrote:If I had a chance to redo the car/driver game and the African Historiography passage, I'd be back on here Oct. 29th with a 180 in hand.

..FML
LOL. And parallel reasoning #26, you'll probably want a re-do on that as well :mrgreen:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:55 pm

AverageTutoring wrote: What inference? I believe the restrictions on H and M were due to rules, no?
I concur with this as far as I can without getting banned. Maybe by 'inference' he means he realized the full meaning of the rule. Did I go too far?
Last edited by 3|ink on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Pastels wrote:
Bad - changed 3 answers on LR from correct to incorrect. Rulle of law, shakesfuck, and an easy question.
That is a huge bummer. Sorry, Pastels. If this is your first LSAT, maybe think about signing up for Dec.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:01 pm

LOL. And parallel reasoning #26, you'll probably want a re-do on that as well :mrgreen:[/quote]
How do you know what I chose? Spent a full 2 minutes on that question, doubt I got it wrong but maybe

Pastels

Bronze

Post by Pastels » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:06 pm

This was my 3rd. I am hoping for a 166 or higher because w&l is my
top choice. I took the test twice while in UG and I was not as
prepared as I should have been. Can anyone remind me what 26 parallel you are talking about? If worse comes to worse I will try to take a 4th sitting in dec. Right now I have a cancel and a 160 due to my screw ups from UG. I am
hoping that Oct is a worst a 164. I think obtaining a 4th chance is not
too difficult and since we get our scores nov 1 and the next test is dec 11 I could get some apps out and use the retake in dec without having as much stress. -12 curve could really save my ass.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:13 pm

kkklick wrote:LOL. And parallel reasoning #26, you'll probably want a re-do on that as well :mrgreen:
How do you know what I chose? Spent a full 2 minutes on that question, doubt I got it wrong but maybe
I was talking to ConfusedLawyer. It's an inside joke, no worries

pppokerface

Bronze

Post by pppokerface » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Pastels wrote:This was my 3rd. I am hoping for a 166 or higher because w&l is my
top choice. I took the test twice while in UG and I was not as
prepared as I should have been. Can anyone remind me what 26 parallel you are talking about? If worse comes to worse I will try to take a 4th sitting in dec. Right now I have a cancel and a 160 due to my screw ups from UG. I am
hoping that Oct is a worst a 164. I think obtaining a 4th chance is not
too difficult and since we get our scores nov 1 and the next test is dec 11 I could get some apps out and use the retake in dec without having as much stress. -12 curve could really save my ass.
If its only 3 questions you got wrong, you should be fine. Are you confident in the other sections?

Pastels

Bronze

Post by Pastels » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:41 pm

I think right now I am looking at

LG -0
LR 1 - who knows -5 or 6 due to it being my first section?
RC - -5 or 6?
LR2 - -3 or 4?

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:52 pm

165 has been consistently -15 to -20 since 2007...recently trending toward the generous side of that. With a -13 to -16 estimate penciled in, you're probably looking at 166-168.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”