Concerning the nurse question logic game? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
compromises

New

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Post by compromises » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:42 pm

I was wrong - turns out my last game was N. Therefore my LG was indeed DARN. I pay more attention to the variables than the story itself, my mistake.

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:53 pm

Did anyone else notice that some of the rules had the words "at least" in them, which could have really screwed you up if you didn't read that part carefully?

TruHoosier

New

Post by TruHoosier » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:48 pm

I don't remember reading the "if and only if" provision in the game that is being discussed on here. I either completely spaced on it and didn't pick up on it, or I diagrammed the rule and just used it as a generic conditional statement somehow. But I came up with applicable answers, not multiple ones that fit for single questions. It seemed to me that everything fit perfectly - I had 15 minutes to complete that game because I sped through all the other games, which I thought were fairly easy for some reason.

I thought I killed games. Now I am nervous as crap about it.

I wish I would just stay off this forum. I felt like I got a 165+ when I walked out of the test. Now that I've read the forum and realized I missed three or four of those hard logical reasoning questions and possibly misdiagrammed a game, I'm thinking I scored in the 150s instead. God that would be a bummer.

txsunshine

Bronze

Post by txsunshine » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:25 pm

LR RC RC LR LG

Nurses definitely last, was short on time and made educated guesses on the last two. :|

Snoring Meatball

Bronze

Post by Snoring Meatball » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:16 pm

I think I had RDAN. I really don't think drivers was first.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:28 pm

I think I had RADN. But it could've been DARN. I just know D and R were on the left, A and N on the right, and N was last because I realized on one of the last questions that the definitely correct answer to that meant I had totally boffed 2 other answers and had to go back and redo, and was panicked bc I hadn't even addressed game 1 yet.

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:59 pm

In my RC.LR.LR.LG.LR exam, I'm sure I had DARN. N took the most time, but all in all nothing too intense on those.

ilikecheese

New

Post by ilikecheese » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:44 pm

anyone remember how many N questions there were? I had DARN.

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:59 pm

There were 6 questions. I remember because I ended up having to guess on 5 of them after I realized my diagram was wrong.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ajmanyjah

Bronze

Post by ajmanyjah » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:01 am

txsunshine wrote:LR RC RC LR LG

Nurses definitely last, was short on time and made educated guesses on the last two. :|
Exactly the same order here---I guessed on the third one, and randomly filled in a line going through A for the last game (think I missed Q23 though with the line)

Sucks because it was my last one and I was burnt, but I had just brought my average LG up from starting at a -10 to a -4/6(never finished the last game but got the first 3 right) to a -1 or -2...now I'm fearing a drop back down to -9 or -10

Hopefully I rocked the other sections, as I don't remember any especially difficult questions from those

compromises

New

Post by compromises » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:03 am

I feel safe (from ban) posting this as I received it in a mass email from Princeton Review. There was definitely only one order of the games within the section. If in fact, this is too much information to post, let me know, but I assume that if PR is sending it, it must be okay.

Scored Games (23 questions)
The first game was a grouping game that asked you to divide 6 people into 2 carpools going to a business conference. The second game was a 1D order game in which you were asked to order 6 artifacts from oldest to most recent. The third game was a 1D order game with an Out column in which you had to determine which 4 players on a track team, out of a total of 5 players, were in 4 races and in what order they ran. The fourth game was a 1D order game that asked you to determine the sequence of 7 information sessions for nurses.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:05 am

Fascinating.

I really was hoping to see pictures of Jeffort on the street, but that seems to be fading quickly.

DoctorLaw

Bronze

Post by DoctorLaw » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:17 am

chrisbforever wrote:This is the only game I don't remember at all? Can someone say a little more without breaking any forum rules because I don't want anyone to be banned. I remember the artifacts and driver which was real.
I didnt have it on my test.... are there different tests with different content/?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:19 am

If you took the test in the US, you had this game.

jlh411

New

Post by jlh411 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:46 pm

So, if i misread the rule and diagrammed it as exactly two spaces and not at least two, my game wouldn't be totally thrown off right?
tazmolover wrote:
DearCan wrote:
littlepixie11 wrote:Excuse me, I am very tired, but I just want to make sure
Depending on the ordering of the test that you got, you had the games in diff orders as well??
so for example, if someone had LRLRLGRCLR vs someone with LRLGRCLRLG would have had games in different order??
I have never heard of this.
I can't say definitively because I only ever saw my test, but if someone else had LR LG RC LR LG and had nurses last, then yes.
LR LR RC RC LG

Nurses was last. I distinctly remember because I misread the at least 2 spaces rule on the last game and was strained for time.

compromises

New

Post by compromises » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:00 pm

So, if i misread the rule and diagrammed it as exactly two spaces and not at least two, my game wouldn't be totally thrown off right?

If you followed the rest of the rules, I believe you could have gotten 2 of the questions right.

filmorejive

New

Post by filmorejive » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:04 pm

D_ _ N 100% certainty, LR RC RC(real) LR LG

I don't remember the location of of A and R 100%, but I'm sure it follows suit of DARN.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:59 pm

incompetentia wrote:Fascinating.

I really was hoping to see pictures of Jeffort on the street, but that seems to be fading quickly.
:)

Sorry, I was kinda thinking that having to do that would be fun and starting to hope I was wrong! However, you can get the same result by taking me out for dinner and drinks (lots of drinks) and get pics if you don't forget to bring your iDevice that takes decent pictures.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:19 pm

Jeffort wrote: Sorry, I was kinda thinking that having to do that would be fun and starting to hope I was wrong! However, you can get the same result by taking me out for dinner and drinks (lots of drinks) and get pics if you don't forget to bring your iDevice that takes decent pictures.
Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me.

(Also, my phone is 9 years old and counting.)

I still hold out hope that our DRNA brethren are not simply misremembering.

JonManitoban

New

Post by JonManitoban » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:45 pm

For what it's worth (very little), I took the test outside the US and remember having DARN.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:32 pm

I didnt have N last. It was first or second.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:45 pm

Sandro777 wrote:I didnt have N last. It was first or second.
Hope springs eternal, or something.

DearCan too, so at least two posters I would tend to trust not to misremember.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:08 pm

I distinctly remember it not being last because I finished that game and had to guess on the last 2 questions of my LG.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:20 pm

compromises wrote:I feel safe (from ban) posting this as I received it in a mass email from Princeton Review. There was definitely only one order of the games within the section. If in fact, this is too much information to post, let me know, but I assume that if PR is sending it, it must be okay.

Scored Games (23 questions)
The first game was a grouping game that asked you to divide 6 people into 2 carpools going to a business conference. The second game was a 1D order game in which you were asked to order 6 artifacts from oldest to most recent. The third game was a 1D order game with an Out column in which you had to determine which 4 players on a track team, out of a total of 5 players, were in 4 races and in what order they ran. The fourth game was a 1D order game that asked you to determine the sequence of 7 information sessions for nurses.
All that means is whatever PR staff member(s) took it had that order.

I had DARN for sure, but 100% believe the people who say they had artifacts last. N in particular was an extremely easy to remember game given the straight up sequencing diagram with 7 slots.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:25 pm

oh snappp.... I thought the nursers were driving in the cars... yea it was last lol.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”