Who cancelled october 2010 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tazmolover

Bronze

Re: Who cancelled october 2010

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:08 pm

Attorney wrote:In the context of this discussion, I just want to point out that Caucasians aren't necessarily kept out of any spots because of Affirmative Action. When California universities were no longer allowed to use AA, the percentage of African Americans and Hispanics plummeted, and the percentage of Asians skyrocketed. The percentage of Caucasians did not significantly change.

So remember that the next time a white person complains about a minority taking "his" spot... he most likely wouldn't have gotten in anyway... if the spot was taken, it was taken from an Asian. :wink:
TITCR

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Attorney wrote:In the context of this discussion, I just want to point out that Caucasians aren't necessarily kept out of any spots because of Affirmative Action. When California universities were no longer allowed to use AA, the percentage of African Americans and Hispanics plummeted, and the percentage of Asians skyrocketed. The percentage of Caucasians did not significantly change.

So remember that the next time a white person complains about a minority taking "his" spot... he most likely wouldn't have gotten in anyway... if the spot was taken, it was taken from an Asian. :wink:
I'm pretty certain no one said this was the case.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:58 pm

I canceled on the spot by filling out the 2 ovals and signing my name. Froze on LG... a massive anomaly for me. ;/

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:

You're white. YOU DON'T FEEL OUR PAIN! MY SPOT!!!!!!

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:00 pm

tazmolover wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

You're white. YOU DON'T FEEL OUR PAIN! MY SPOT!!!!!!
Out, damn spot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ly2010

Bronze

Post by ly2010 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:00 pm

KevinP wrote:I canceled on the spot by filling out the 2 ovals and signing my name. Froze on LG... a massive anomaly for me. ;/
Yep, that's what I did. I got 2 LG sections and bombed the last one.

I am such a paranoid person though. I wonder if you can double check that it did in fact cancel?

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:02 pm

ly2010 wrote:
KevinP wrote:I canceled on the spot by filling out the 2 ovals and signing my name. Froze on LG... a massive anomaly for me. ;/

I am such a paranoid person though. I wonder if you can double check that it did in fact cancel?
Just print/send cancel form again if you aren't sure.

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:54 pm

jwzp wrote:Faxed mine yesterday. Waiting for confirmation.

Reason: deathly ill. I probably should have taken an absent instead; I think going up there and dealing with the stress made me sicker. I also kinda felt bad for being "that guy" sniffling and oozing snot during the test.

Doc appointment this AM, then putting together a new schedule for Dec. (I never used PTs 1-20 or 58-60).
+1 I was so sick, and so was everyone else. The whole room was full of people sniffling etc. The test def. made me sicker.

postn0bills

Bronze

Post by postn0bills » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:18 pm

ly2010 wrote:

I'm canceling tomorrow for the same reason -- bombed LG2. :(

:?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GoGetIt

New

Post by GoGetIt » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:23 pm

cynthia rose wrote:I want to have at least a decent shot at Northwestern. My GPA is 2.4 (cringe again).
170+ is absolutely IMPERITIVE in this situation. Not to be an ass, but with that GPA it's a longshot, even at NW as a URM. Moreover, a 170 still will put you on the brink. So you need to get to studying! I'd also strongly suggest that you write a GPA addendum to explain that poor GPA. Again, practice my friend; best of luck to you.

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Canceled because I bombed LG and then compounded it by bombing RC. I can usually get away with one, but never both. I hope it was an anomaly, because I'm not getting any younger.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”