Considering a retake Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
aj15ufmd

New

Considering a retake

Post by aj15ufmd » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:14 pm

Hey guys, so I just took the October LSAT yesterday. I'd been studying relatively hard for the past couple months, getting scores mostly in the mid 160s. I've been shooting for at least a 167, but I knew things would have to go pretty well for me to get that. Reading comp has usually been my weakest section. On the actual test, I had 3 LR, 1 LG, and 1 RC so one of the LRs was obviously my experimental. On games, I didn't think they were as hard as some I've seen but the rules were difficult and some of the questions were pretty time-consuming, so I really had to rush through that section to even finish the last game. The LR was about what I expected more or less. RC was pretty tough for me, maybe it was the topics or the question types, but I definitely struggled a bit with that. When I left the test center, I was in a pretty crappy mood, thinking there's no way I got near a 166 or above.

Upon further reflection, I'm not quite as down about it but still a little iffy especially after reading a lot of people's perspectives on here about how they thought it was pretty easy and that the curve won't be too good. I don't feel nearly as confident as it seems like many are who took the test. Anyways, I don't think I'm going to cancel my score, because I do want to see how I did. I am heavily considering a December retake however. My question is, should I wait till we get the October scores back to register for the December test? Or should I register now for the December test to ensure I get a space? The only thing I'm concerned about with registering now is if I end up getting a good score and no longer needing the retake, the LSAC doesn't give a full refund from what I've read. But at the same time, if I wait till the end of October when we get our scores, I don't know if there will be a lot of spots available to take it. If I were to retake it, it would be in Boston, so I don't know how many spots there would be and how many people would take it here. So I was wondering whether you guys recommend signing up for the retake now or waiting till I get my score?

NJcollegestudent

Bronze

Re: Considering a retake

Post by NJcollegestudent » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:17 pm

One thing to note that others have made, this forum is self selecting meaning what you see is not what is typical of the entire LSAT population. While some may have found it easy, that is not to say the other 90 percent or higher did not find it to be ridiculously hard.

aj15ufmd

New

Post by aj15ufmd » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:27 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:One thing to note that others have made, this forum is self selecting meaning what you see is not what is typical of the entire LSAT population. While some may have found it easy, that is not to say the other 90 percent or higher did not find it to be ridiculously hard.
That's what I'm hoping. I just don't know what to do with this whole retake situation.

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Cancel if you get a good score. If it's too late to cancel you lose some money.

On the other hand you get a bad score and all locations are full - much worse situation.

aj15ufmd

New

Post by aj15ufmd » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Thanks for the tip Taz. I think that's likely what I'm going to do.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”