What to do? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
patrickj11288

New

What to do?

Post by patrickj11288 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:30 am

I need some advice. During my pts i was scoring around 160-164, but absolutely choked on the test. Completely screwed up the LG's (like I probably missed like 12) and screwed up one of the LR sections which I think was scored (Didnt get to the last 4 q's on the first LR and wasnt sure on others). What I am expecting is somewhere in the low to mid 150's after that performance............ In short what I would like to know is whether or not an addendum would make up for this deficiency? I was unable to take or prep for the June lsat, because my dad had terminal cancer. He passed away at the end of June and as you can imagine his passing had a significant impact on my studying habits for the remainder of the summer. Once school rolled around I not only had to prep for the lsat, but also take my normal course load, work to pay for part of my school, and take on other responsibilities at home considering my fathers abscense.... That aside I completely choked on the test and want some suggestions as to whether or not an addendum would be beneficial in my situation or if I should just retake the test?

ps: Im not trying to go to a top 20 school, but am shooting for IUPUI (t100) because I want to be close to my family. I would even strongly consider part-time so I could simultaneously work and pay for my school. My gpa is a 3.51 in poli sci/history and I showed marked improvement after a mediocre soph year during my dad's illness S1: 3.56 S2: 3.8, which is one of the main focus's on my personal statement. (Getting my priorities straight).

AreJay711

Gold

Re: What to do?

Post by AreJay711 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:40 am

I think a lot of people are dumb for canceling their scores when they are a few points below their PT scores but you really want to get your score in the 160's. The difference of admittances with a score of 164 and a 158 is a lot bigger than between a 174 and a 168. At the same time from what I understand most schools outside of the top 14 only consider the highest score so you might check your target schools' policy before canceling.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”