Is it OK to prep with Powerscore after Testmasters? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
littlepixie11

New

Is it OK to prep with Powerscore after Testmasters?

Post by littlepixie11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:19 am

If I do poorly on Oct, I would like to self study and maybe get some provate tutoring hours. I don't think I need 10 hours though, and Powerscore offers a 5 hour package. However, I initially took a Testmasters course, so I'm a bit worried because my way of learning (which goes along with Testmasters) might clash with Powerscore, and then confuse me...or would it? I heard that the courses are kind of similar, so I am unsure.

cinefile 17

Bronze

Re: Is it OK to prep with Powerscore after Testmasters?

Post by cinefile 17 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:31 am

I took a Testmasters course and then used the Powerscore Bible to self-study. I found their techniques to be very similar. The biggest difference is that Powerscore uses slightly different names to classify their logical reasoning types and the RC strategy is a little different.

I don't think it will hurt to practice with Powerscore now since they are so similar. It might even help to learn a couple slightly different strategies, that way you can choose which one works best for you.

One thing though, I know Tesmasters has a rule about only tutoring with their own material. If you tutor with Powerscore and they have the same rule, you might have to purchase more material.

kaftka juice

New

Re: Is it OK to prep with Powerscore after Testmasters?

Post by kaftka juice » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:32 am

If you do, the world will explode.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”