cancelling Oct score..what to do in mean time Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
aa1207

New

cancelling Oct score..what to do in mean time

Post by aa1207 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:23 am

im planning on cancelling my Oct score bc i feel as though I underperformed due to nervousness..planning on retaking in dec
i can start the personal statement and get the letters of recs...but can you send everyhting out to schools without the lsat score? dont they wait till everything is together and then you submit it?

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Re: cancelling Oct score..what to do in mean time

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:29 am

aa1207 wrote:im planning on cancelling my Oct score bc i feel as though I underperformed due to nervousness..planning on retaking in dec
i can start the personal statement and get the letters of recs...but can you send everyhting out to schools without the lsat score? dont they wait till everything is together and then you submit it?
Hi there! I was in your place a few months ago, so I'm happy to help.

I'd recommend getting the LoRs in order, fast. You really need to get on top of that... Additionally, get your most recent transcripts sent to LSAC. And yes, you can complete the Common Information Form and Primary+Supplemental applications on LSAC right now, pay for them to be sent, and have them sitting in whatever pile LSchools keep them in purgatory until you have a reportable LSAT score. Your file (usually) will not be completed and reviewed until your LSAT score is reported, though.

Your last sentence is perplexing. When you say "they", do you mean LSAC? If so, then no. You can pay and have your report sent to law schools without, say, an LSAT score or a transcript, but it's highly discouraged (Except the missing LSAT score, that is nearly customary, I know I did it).

So... get your stuff in (minus your LSAT) because you'll be behind the 8-ball on a January application! Have those applications sitting in limbo at your schools ready for your LSAT score to be posted.

aa1207

New

Post by aa1207 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:44 am

I appreciate the help :) So it doesn't look bad to send in your transcript, letters of rec, personal statement, etc. without the LSAT score? by they i meant Admissions at the law schools...i thought they throw aside your file if you send it without an lsat score and then by sending it late, all the components arent together so they don't consider you

but if you're saying you can still submit it then ill aim for doing that. At this point i need to start brainstorming my personal statement so i'm far from submitting it..but i was just trying to see what I should do

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:15 am

aa1207 wrote:I appreciate the help :) So it doesn't look bad to send in your transcript, letters of rec, personal statement, etc. without the LSAT score? by they i meant Admissions at the law schools...i thought they throw aside your file if you send it without an lsat score and then by sending it late, all the components arent together so they don't consider you

but if you're saying you can still submit it then ill aim for doing that. At this point i need to start brainstorming my personal statement so i'm far from submitting it..but i was just trying to see what I should do
I thought the same thing, but having everything in waiting for the LSAT score is the best option. Some schools will even begin considering you without the LSAT, then when that metric becomes available, they incorporate that into their decision for you.

Get those LoRs *ASAP*. Professors are the most unreliable people in the entire free world, bless their overworked souls.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”