A lot of cancellations Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
WestOfTheRest

Silver

Re: A lot of cancellations

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:27 am

incompetentia wrote:I'm probably going to get excommunicated for this line of reasoning, but after reading through about HP4 or 5, Sorcerer's Stone also felt childish.
This is probably true, but the writing style progressed with the aging of the characters. Which worked really well. All in all, the first book was probably written better anyways, more concise and to the point, without sacrificing other elements.

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:29 am

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:Well below average at Harvard is not even CLOSE to 156 mmmkay?
Not HARVARD dumpling. Apple bottom, please try to keep up... you're slacking again. His dream was to go to USF, he wanted to live in SF, but he was afraid to take the exam because his practice tests were below average. He only applied to Harvard on a whim because one of his favorite teachers at his old schol, Oxi, encouraged him to do so.

How do you want me to link an interview and an entire book? google search it yourself, it's easy. It involves reading, you should be good at it, you did better than me on the LSAT ;)

Again, even if you don't believe the fact that he didn't have a stellar LSAT score or stellar GPA (which is easier to find online than his LSAT score)

how do you explain the fact that after Harvard he only worked for a major firm for a VERY short time, and left that job to get into civil rights work at a very small civil rights firm making LITTLE change... gave that up and worked as a professor and got into politics? You're whole bibble babble on here started w/ you saying "wrong fucking game buddy" and saying all kinds of crap about how people are not interested in being "do gooders" The fact is that plenty of people are, and for those people their softs do matter and are the difference between a crappy and a great school... those people are let into good schools (with lower GPAs & LSAT scores) because the AdComms see that potential in them... you can't grasp that fact about such people or URMs simply because you don't have it & you don't see in yourself. In other words you are a hater, you insecure, you suck hairy balls at life and deep inside you know that you always will. Again, if I were in your shoes, I would feel the same exact way. But for realizies, g'night. Keep up w/ mediocrity, it's all you were born to be!

Hahahahaha he called you Apple Bottom! If I didn't believe this person's crazy was real, I'd think we were dealing with a troll.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:29 am

I'll concede that much. Still, seriously, there's no ignoring those last 3 pages. I refused to buy the 7th book after reading it...6-book set is sitting in my attic somewhere

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:32 am

I agree. JK Rowling should burn the epilogue of the greatest series of all time. I don't care what anyone says. Harry Potter > Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Twilight, all of Jane Austen's books.

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:33 am

incompetentia wrote:I'll concede that much. Still, seriously, there's no ignoring those last 3 pages. I refused to buy the 7th book after reading it...6-book set is sitting in my attic somewhere
What happened in the last 3 pages that made you refuse to finish the series?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:33 am

bartleby wrote:I agree. JK Rowling should burn the epilogue of the greatest series of all time. I don't care what anyone says. Harry Potter > Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Twilight, all of Jane Austen's books.
This is just stupidity. Gtfo

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:35 am

CastleRock wrote:
bartleby wrote:I agree. JK Rowling should burn the epilogue of the greatest series of all time. I don't care what anyone says. Harry Potter > Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Twilight, all of Jane Austen's books.
I will never say Harry Potter is greater than the LOTR trilogy.

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:35 am

CastleRock wrote:
Sorry. Austen's prose might be aesthetically pleasing but it isn't innovative. So Harry Potter is superior.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:36 am

DearCan wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
I will never say Harry Potter is greater than the LOTR trilogy.
+1,000,000 and 1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:36 am

Harry Potter is like crack...I seriously had withdrawals after finishing the series and during the waiting period between books.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:36 am

HP...I don't even know if it stacks up favorably with the Millennium trilogy.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:37 am

This thread should be locked. I'm flagging this for nerdiness.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:37 am

bartleby wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
Sorry. Austen's prose might be aesthetically pleasing but it isn't innovative. So Harry Potter is superior.
Austen is like reading paint dry, that shit just don't work. I mean it's paint, you don't read that shit.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:38 am

naterj wrote:This thread should be locked. I'm flagging this for nerdiness.
Who asked you anyway.

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:38 am

tazmolover wrote:Harry Potter is like crack...I seriously had withdrawals after finishing the series and during the waiting period between books.
I was the nerd waiting in line at the book store among all the kids who got to stay up late waiting for the book release. I got the fifth book the night it came out and even though I had to work at 8 the next morning I stayed up all night reading it. Also, I've read them all thrice. :oops:

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:39 am

And I haven't even gotten into a topic that I can really just start rambling about yet (except the brief foray into The Wire).

Seriously my 2nd essay was about The Wire until I revised my school list and realized I didn't need a 2nd essay anymore

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:39 am

This thread will be locked or moved to the lounge in the morning. I will probably be banned. But I thought when you said "GTFO", you were talking about HP vs the classics.

HP vs LOTR or Narnia or whatever the hell Millenium is, is like Tyson in his prime vs Pacquiao now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:39 am

CastleRock wrote:
Who asked you anyway.
I wasn't answering a question. hth.

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:39 am

CastleRock wrote:
bartleby wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
Austen is like reading paint dry, that shit just don't work. I mean it's paint, you don't read that shit.
I enjoyed Sense and Sensibility, but I like 19th century literature. I will admit, that she is dry relatively. I'd definitely rather read the Bronte sisters.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:42 am

bartleby wrote:This thread will be locked or moved to the lounge in the morning. I will probably be banned. But I thought when you said "GTFO", you were talking about HP vs the classics.

HP vs LOTR or Narnia or whatever the hell Millenium is, is like Tyson in his prime vs Pacquiao now.
Narnia is sort of meh, I can take it or leave it. Lotr is hands down better series than hp. Although, I like me some hp.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:44 am

naterj wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
Who asked you anyway.
I wasn't answering a question. hth.
Lol. Kg has everyone abusing hth.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:44 am

CastleRock wrote:
bartleby wrote:This thread will be locked or moved to the lounge in the morning. I will probably be banned. But I thought when you said "GTFO", you were talking about HP vs the classics.

Narnia is sort of meh, I can take it or leave it. Lotr is hands down better series than hp. Although, I like me some hp.
Because I can't made the decision, I will say I find LOTR and HP to be of equal greatness.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:47 am

Where did DearCan go? She's the only reason I'm ITT.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:47 am

80 kajillion pages later, it's time for me to turn in. I figured I'd leave by, like, 1:15 or 1:30 Eastern...yeah, that worked out.

Keep looking for those abnormal cancellations everybody like we discussed

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:48 am

naterj wrote:Where did DearCan go? She's the only reason I'm ITT.
Lurking?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”