Concern about erasures.... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
champ33

Bronze

Concern about erasures....

Post by champ33 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:00 pm

My method was filling in all the answers for each game after completing that game. I realized I was one off when I looked back, and so had to erase and correct about 5 answers in a row. It looked pretty clean afterward, but I'm still a little worried that the computer will mark those 5 in a row wrong. What's my best course of action here? If I wait for the score and the computer clearly didn't recognize the erasures, can I petition to have the 5 points added? Or should I pay for hand-grading? Or do you have to pay for hand-grading before taking the exam?

DearCan

Bronze

Re: Concern about erasures....

Post by DearCan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:06 pm

I wouldn't worry about it if you erased cleanly. Those things are made to have erasures and still score accurately based on what is actually fully bubbled.

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:06 pm

DearCan wrote:I wouldn't worry about it if you erased cleanly. Those things are made to have erasures and still score accurately based on what is actually fully bubbled.
Thank you that is reassuring.

RPK34

Silver

Post by RPK34 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:07 pm

The computers are very good. I looked at my June 2010 LSAT and there were stray marks all over my exam from doing a crappy job erasing. Always picked up my actual answer though.

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:15 pm

champ33 wrote:My method was filling in all the answers for each game after completing that game. I realized I was one off when I looked back, and so had to erase and correct about 5 answers in a row. It looked pretty clean afterward, but I'm still a little worried that the computer will mark those 5 in a row wrong. What's my best course of action here? If I wait for the score and the computer clearly didn't recognize the erasures, can I petition to have the 5 points added? Or should I pay for hand-grading? Or do you have to pay for hand-grading before taking the exam?
Computer is generally good about this. My June test had a few erasure marks that were picked up correctly by the machine.
If you get your results back and you realize that it messed up (they will tell you the right answer and your answer - if there are any wrong when you see these then they messed up), then you can pay for hand grading.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”