Proctor forgot to call 5 min and called 3 min instead Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Intimate

New

Proctor forgot to call 5 min and called 3 min instead

Post by Intimate » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Aside from that, you could hear the band playing across the field during the football game. Is this addendum worthy if LSAC acknowledges this? I think I did well anyway, but the delayed 5 min call threw me off because I thought I had more time than I did.

tazmolover

Bronze

Re: Proctor forgot to call 5 min and called 3 min instead

Post by tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:57 pm

no

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Where did you take your test? Seems like I endured the same conditions...

Intimate

New

Post by Intimate » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:09 pm

willy p

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Must have been same classroom as me, those proctors were extremely unprofessional. If i remember they had their phones with them and they went off constantly. Many other students also brought their phones and placed them on silent, only leading to a 45 second constant vibration noise. I also heard the band/football-team making noise through the window.

I remember working on the section thinking my timing was on par, only to have the proctor go "oops you guys only have 2 mins remaining" pissed me off... You pay so much to take this test, you would think they could hire adequate proctors.

Heh, not to mention those desks were TERRIBLE. It was barely wider than the width of a piece of paper.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WithoutMe

New

Post by WithoutMe » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:16 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:Must have been same classroom as me, those proctors were extremely unprofessional. If i remember they had their phones with them and they went off constantly. Many other students also brought their phones and placed them on silent, only leading to a 45 second constant vibration noise. I also heard the band/football-team making noise through the window.

I remember working on the section thinking my timing was on par, only to have the proctor go "oops you guys only have 2 mins remaining" pissed me off... You pay so much to take this test, you would think they could hire adequate proctors.

Heh, not to mention those desks were TERRIBLE. It was barely wider than the width of a piece of paper.
You guys dont believe in watches?

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Of course I used a watch, but I only rely on my watch for the last 5minutes so i know exactly when I have to fill in my answers and when I should guess. This means that I rely a lot on the 5min warning... Besides I would only further stress and distract myself if I constantly kept track of the time.

Intimate

New

Post by Intimate » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:32 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:Must have been same classroom as me, those proctors were extremely unprofessional. If i remember they had their phones with them and they went off constantly. Many other students also brought their phones and placed them on silent, only leading to a 45 second constant vibration noise. I also heard the band/football-team making noise through the window.

Haha small world. Yea I noticed the cell phones go off too, and the noise from upstairs as well. I managed to deal with all of that but the 5 minute warning screw up really messed me up towards the end. I was taking my time on the final game because I thought I still had 6-7 minutes, little did I know I only had 3 and had to change speeds all of a sudden.

And I wore a watch, but I shouldn't have to check it every minute. The 5 minute warning exists for a reason.

I agree, those proctors seemed clueless as to what was going on. The main proctor looked like she needed a man-made cream pie to the face.

Fink

New

Post by Fink » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:38 pm

My proctor didn't call the 5 minutes either, he called it at 1 minute ... for two sections. Irrelevant Side-note: I've been a lurker since August, just decided to make an account now that this is over (unless I have to retake in December).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

All i have been able to do since i got home was sit here and ponder if i should cancel and retake it in December... Yet I dont know if that would allow me enough time to apply to schools... This whole process just sucks... they should definitely offer the tests at more convenient times.

Intimate

New

Post by Intimate » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Yea I feel you. I probably won't cancel so that I have a score to apply with now, and i'll prob take it again in December. If you feel like you did poorly, then cancel. It sucks having a bad score on your file forever because of your curiosity(I learned this the hard way). Overall though, I don't think it even matters that much anymore if you have multiple scores, as schools only really care about the score that they report. I must say though that this test was relatively easier than PT 59 and 60.

But if LSAC deems the environment "less than optimal", then they give you the option to cancel and retake for free and add annotate your score with a note explaining that the conditions sucked. Even though that won't make or break you, it sure doesn't hurt. That's why I'm calling LSAC and letting them know about it next week. The more people that complain, the more inclined they will be to take that kind of action.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”