Last 48 Hours Prep Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jets098

New

Last 48 Hours Prep

Post by jets098 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:42 pm

I am taking the test on Saturday and my last 5 days or so has consisted of taking a test every day and going over the right answers. My tests have ranged from 162-167 today (test 59 and my best score yet!) and my goal on the test is to get above a 160. I was going to do more sections today but I'm not sure if I really want to overdo it and I don't plan on doing much LSAT tomorrow other than a maybe a few logic games. I think my brain needs time to rest up. I will probably end up going out tonight with some friends because I have friends visiting who I haven't seen in a while/probably won't see again and I figure a night off from stress might be a good thing so I want to get the majority of my studying done today. I also figure if I go out tonight I will probably be slightly tired on Friday which will help me go to sleep early because I normally don't go to bed until 3 am'ish.

Anyways, what would you guys recommend as far as studying. Should I ride the 167 into the test and feel confident in my abilities or should I keep drilling sections from older tests (in the 40's range). What about the day before? How do you handle studying the day before the test? Full PT? Untimed Sections? Just LG? I know these questions don't have any definite answers but I would love to hear some opinions.. I have been studying for 4 months and I'm not sure how much one extra day or night of studying can really help.

s254w

Bronze

Re: Last 48 Hours Prep

Post by s254w » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Just relax. Watch a movie. Do some conceptual studying of transitive logic if you can't get yourself to stay away from the books. Maybe do a LG but don't score it.

Basically, go to the test on Sat itching for LSAT problems!

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:52 pm

jets526 wrote:I am taking the test on Saturday and my last 5 days or so has consisted of taking a test every day and going over the right answers. My tests have ranged from 162-167 today (test 59 and my best score yet!) and my goal on the test is to get above a 160. I was going to do more sections today but I'm not sure if I really want to overdo it and I don't plan on doing much LSAT tomorrow other than a maybe a few logic games. I think my brain needs time to rest up. I will probably end up going out tonight with some friends because I have friends visiting who I haven't seen in a while/probably won't see again and I figure a night off from stress might be a good thing so I want to get the majority of my studying done today. I also figure if I go out tonight I will probably be slightly tired on Friday which will help me go to sleep early because I normally don't go to bed until 3 am'ish.

Anyways, what would you guys recommend as far as studying. Should I ride the 167 into the test and feel confident in my abilities or should I keep drilling sections from older tests (in the 40's range). What about the day before? How do you handle studying the day before the test? Full PT? Untimed Sections? Just LG? I know these questions don't have any definite answers but I would love to hear some opinions.. I have been studying for 4 months and I'm not sure how much one extra day or night of studying can really help.
I'm planning on doing a pt tonight, tomorrow morning, and then just relaxing from there on out.

Jackson Pollock

Bronze

Post by Jackson Pollock » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:53 pm

I relaxed.

It paid off to go into the test refreshed and rested.

I think it's one of the best things you can do.

jets098

New

Post by jets098 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:20 pm

Gave up for the day today because I was struggling with logic games that with a clear mind I can at least figure out how to set up and get most answers for... I'm going to take your guys advice and relax until the test. Might do a few LG's tomorrow just to keep my mind sharp on those and one or two before the test because that is honestly the only section I am worried about bombing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sayruss11

New

Post by sayruss11 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:19 pm

ahhh I know I need to stop prepping at least by tomorrow, but it really is hard for me. Plus, I totally froze up on the LG of pt 60 so I want to do a bunch of LGs, like 10 sections, I know its probably not the best idea but it will make me feel better.

WeX11788

New

Post by WeX11788 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm taking it easy. I feel the same urge as everyone else to keep diving into the books, but I've been prepping for months, and I know I need to rest. I did like 8 timed passages today, a little bit of LR, and some LG. MIGHT do a few LG tomorrow if anything. I took a 5-section PT Mon-Wed, so I'm trying to go in refreshed.

Unshake

New

Post by Unshake » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Today I retook a test I did poorly on about 4 weeks ago to build some confidence (167 ---> 178) and drilled games. Not much you can do at this point besides pack your ziploc.

Remnantofisrael

Bronze

Post by Remnantofisrael » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:11 pm

This may sound stupid, but I actually regret how much I studied for my June LSAT- long story short, it was a lot. I found that I had to reread things multiple times, and that my brain wouldn't retain basic information.

This time around I have done very little practice, doing an LG here, an RC there, etc. with one full test a week or so. I had no problem doing some studying today, and it actually made me feel great about tomorrow - which will inevitably help me sleep better tonight.

So realize, if you don't know it, you won't learn anything new between now and then> BUT if you want the confidence boost, do some leisurely questions/sections. Hell, I wouldn't even time them. And if you struggle with a question/game, just go right to the explanation, go "ahh..." and move on.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”