Confidence Completely Shattered!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
yngblkgifted

Silver

Confidence Completely Shattered!!!

Post by yngblkgifted » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:09 pm

I have been PT around 164-165 ish for a about a month. Highest PT 169. I just took PT 57 a completely bombed it! I mean I fucked up terribly. I had NO idea I could do that badly anymore. I got a 155!!!! WTF?!?!?!? I am freaking out because I am taking the LSAT on Saturday! I seriously do not even know what to think, my confidence was already not that great but now I feel absolutely terrible. I know we aren't supposed to let one any PT upset us that emotionally but this is NOT this best time for something like this to happen. I don't even know what happened. I haven't even gone over the questions yet because I have been too bust trying not scream at the top of my lungs in a public library and punch my a hole through the nearest wall. I haven't scored that badly since before the June Test...My June test was a 158 and I was mad at that. I'm trying to be calm but this scares the shit out of me. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Any advice? Comments! Any words of encouragement so I don't jump off the ledge here? I need to score above at least a 160 on Saturday and Ive done that on probably 15-20 PTS!

yngblkgifted

Silver

Re: Confidence Completely Shattered!!!

Post by yngblkgifted » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Btw, sorry for the typos. Just to be clear, I was using recent PTS... 40's and 50's.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:13 pm

Chill out.

JurisDoctorate

Bronze

Post by JurisDoctorate » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:26 pm

I'd put it in perspective: you have a 93%+ chance of scoring what you need to, on the test. Additionally, I've heard that PT 57 is pretty brutal.

I think you'll be more than fine and I know that indulging in those feelings won't help you any, for the test. You can use this feeling to focus on your prep, more, and work on your holes - as long as you don't burn yourself out.

If I was a betting man, and I am, my money would be on you getting over a 160!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:28 pm

One aberration isn't anything to worry about.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

adampres

New

Post by adampres » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:28 pm

JurisDoctorate wrote:you have a 93%+ chance of scoring what you need to, on the test
Where does this statistic come from? Is it just a comforting thought to help me sleep at night, or is there anything to back it up?

JurisDoctorate

Bronze

Post by JurisDoctorate » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:34 pm

adampres wrote:
JurisDoctorate wrote:you have a 93%+ chance of scoring what you need to, on the test
Where does this statistic come from? Is it just a comforting thought to help me sleep at night, or is there anything to back it up?
From OP: "I need to score above at least a 160 on Saturday and Ive done that on probably 15-20 PTS"

I'm going to take the leap and say that his performance on those can be used to predict his performance on Saturday. Additionally, he scored a 158 and hasn't scored lower than a 160 - since then. So, he has only scored under a 160 in 1/16 to 1/21 actual tests.

I am fully aware of the limitations of my assertion, but the point is: all evidence indicates that he will score a 160 or higher (I only quantified it because humans like numbers).
Last edited by JurisDoctorate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Nothing happened here. Move on.
Last edited by ResolutePear on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:39 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:I have been PT around 164-165 ish for a about a month. Highest PT 169. I just took PT 57 a completely bombed it! I mean I fucked up terribly. I had NO idea I could do that badly anymore. I got a 155!!!! WTF?!?!?!? I am freaking out because I am taking the LSAT on Saturday! I seriously do not even know what to think, my confidence was already not that great but now I feel absolutely terrible. I know we aren't supposed to let one any PT upset us that emotionally but this is NOT this best time for something like this to happen. I don't even know what happened. I haven't even gone over the questions yet because I have been too bust trying not scream at the top of my lungs in a public library and punch my a hole through the nearest wall. I haven't scored that badly since before the June Test...My June test was a 158 and I was mad at that. I'm trying to be calm but this scares the shit out of me. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Any advice? Comments! Any words of encouragement so I don't jump off the ledge here? I need to score above at least a 160 on Saturday and Ive done that on probably 15-20 PTS!
I was PT'ing around 170-171 (nothing lower than a 169) and scored like a 166 or 165 a few days before the actual test. Ended up with a 174 on test day. The 155 is an aberration. Ignore it, and stay confident.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:49 pm

Thanks for the replies. As you all can tell, my post was less of an actual question and more a cry for help and comforting in my final days leading up to the October LSAT. Anyways, I appreciate the support. I looked over it briefly, I also made some bubbling errors... and other fixable mistakes. I will use this as a learning tool. I've heard people say there is always that ONE PT that goes wrong...thank God it happened tonight and not Saturday morning!

s254w

Bronze

Post by s254w » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:41 pm

I was in the same boat as you yesterday. Got a low score on PT, my lowest in the last two months. I was freaking out before I realized I had not had dinner the night before, and only a piece of toast in the am before starting the PT.

It will be fine. Like someone said to me in my desperate-plea-for-help post here, this PT is just going to help you learn. What matters is how you do on test day.

I'm taking my last PT tomorrow. 59, which I've heard is a killer. But I had dinner tonight, so let's see what happens :)

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:23 pm

review the ketchup pt.

there have been a lot of posts about how difficult pt 57, 58, 59 and 60 are. Review your mistakes, and practice question types if you find a string of similar question types wrong. Do a timed section of LR RC and LG and boost your confidence.

if you really want a confidence enhancer, search this site. I'm sure if you look hard enough you will find posters who have shattered their confidence a few days before the actual exam and on test day scored either towards the high end of their average, or even better.

oh yea... RELAX, its just one exam, on individual day. If it goes wrong, theres always another chance( assuming you dont have a cancel to go with your other score)

policestate1234

New

Post by policestate1234 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:03 am

Actually the test have gotten harder fomr 56 on to 60. If I were you I would make sure to have those done before the LSAT this Sat just so you know what you are getting yourself into.

I was scoring in the 170+ up to around test 55, I hit 59 and 60 and I went to 164-166.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

arean.ryan

New

Post by arean.ryan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:10 am

Difficulty is completely subjective for everyone who claims the recent tests are more difficult, there others who say they do better in the most recent PTs

I fall into the latter.

policestate1234

New

Post by policestate1234 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:11 am

arean.ryan wrote:Difficulty is completely subjective for everyone who claims the recent tests are more difficult, there others who say they do better in the most recent PTs

I fall into the latter.
You do test number 57 59 and 60?

arean.ryan

New

Post by arean.ryan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:21 am

policestate1234 wrote:
arean.ryan wrote:Difficulty is completely subjective for everyone who claims the recent tests are more difficult, there others who say they do better in the most recent PTs

I fall into the latter.
Yes 57 1 point under my average, 59 1 point above, 60 2 points above...I guess my practice on RC has paid off because I have improved drastically from old PTS...also the LG sections through some curve balls (esp 57) but I just kept my cool and managed through them some how staying between -1 and -3...although I wasn't completely sold on all my answers my intuition got me correct answers.

policestate1234

New

Post by policestate1234 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:27 am

arean.ryan wrote:
policestate1234 wrote:

I fall into the latter.
Yes 57 1 point under my average, 59 1 point above, 60 2 points above...I guess my practice on RC has paid off because I have improved drastically from old PTS...also the LG sections through some curve balls (esp 57) but I just kept my cool and managed through them some how staying between -1 and -3...although I wasn't completely sold on all my answers my intuition got me correct answers.
You'll probably do well on Sat.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:29 am

is it just me, or is there one game per section in teh 50's that relies a lot on knowing the rules, and applying them? If you can do some hypos in your head, or remember to look at inferences from the rules, and apply them to the questions it can make the game go smoother?

policestate1234

New

Post by policestate1234 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:32 am

northwood wrote:is it just me, or is there one game per section in teh 50's that relies a lot on knowing the rules, and applying them? If you can do some hypos in your head, or remember to look at inferences from the rules, and apply them to the questions it can make the game go smoother?
Can you be anymore cryptic? Examples please.

mountaintime

Bronze

Post by mountaintime » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:37 am

i did the same thing, then I performed just below my average on test day. try not to let it get you down.

almostthereee

New

Post by almostthereee » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:42 am

Got two PTs left, 58 and 56. I plan on grading 58 and will take 56 and not even grade it just in case I do bomb it and it messes with my head. At this point, there's really no more strides that can be made. Keep positive and tell yourself you're gonna destroy whatever they give you. A month ago or so, negative thinking and panic may have been a sign of being responsible in realizing how much work you have left to do but at this point it is going to be our greatest enemy. Come Friday, I'm going to think positive and get the henny bottle ready for Saturday noon :) CHEERS EVERYBODY!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kaves

New

Post by Kaves » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:44 am

yngblkgifted wrote:I have been PT around 164-165 ish for a about a month. Highest PT 169. I just took PT 57 a completely bombed it! I mean I fucked up terribly. I had NO idea I could do that badly anymore. I got a 155!!!! WTF?!?!?!? I am freaking out because I am taking the LSAT on Saturday! I seriously do not even know what to think, my confidence was already not that great but now I feel absolutely terrible. I know we aren't supposed to let one any PT upset us that emotionally but this is NOT this best time for something like this to happen. I don't even know what happened. I haven't even gone over the questions yet because I have been too bust trying not scream at the top of my lungs in a public library and punch my a hole through the nearest wall. I haven't scored that badly since before the June Test...My June test was a 158 and I was mad at that. I'm trying to be calm but this scares the shit out of me. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Any advice? Comments! Any words of encouragement so I don't jump off the ledge here? I need to score above at least a 160 on Saturday and Ive done that on probably 15-20 PTS!

Same thing today, 165 to 158 on PT57

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:47 am

pt 59 game 3 ( the stupid courses one)
it looks like an in out game
follow the rules, and contrapositives for each question ( putting in the given information) and it runs good

pt 58
game 1
theres the big deduction that h can be 604 or 605
2 monuments can be in 601, but L cannot be one ( or H) so it can be G and S or G and M
F has to be later than G
M= 601-603

GAME 2 ( VOLUNTEERS)
NOR - not and not

question 8 ( apply the rules and remember the contropositives)
question 9 T not volunteer- the rule 2 cont says that M cant volunteer, which connects to rule 1, so R cannot volunteer)
question 12 ( rules again)
question 10 ( start with the rule for M then use it to find that T has to volunteer, which means that F and V cannot ( thus S does)only B is left
question 11 ) f in- then T out- t out then M out( cont rule 2), M out then R out( cont rule 1) which leads to rule 4 r out, then L in
question 7 is a grab a rule

does this help? if not , pm me and ill explain further

testmachine45

Bronze

Post by testmachine45 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:56 am

it appears your nerves are making you go crazy. PT57 was extremely easy for almost everyone...so there is something there to the fact u bombed it(not that your dumber or anything but that pt 57 is when the test kind of changed...if u want to see real changes check out pt 60) .i scored a 171 on it after getting nothing but 160 consecutively. just relax....count your breaths. u need to be clam. you can and have done this. build ur confidence up tomorrow with another test(not 60).

drmguy

Silver

Post by drmguy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:41 am

I am relatively glad I found this thread because I took PT 57 today and I also bombed it compared to 50-56.

Both this and the fact that I had multiple factors going against me have put me at ease.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”