PT#57, LR2, #22 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
RFKScott

New

PT#57, LR2, #22

Post by RFKScott » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Can anyone help me with this flaw question, I couldnt find an explanation online. I felt like I prephrased well and had an idea what I was looking for but when I looked over the answer choices I could not comfortably pick any of them. What is the flaw in this question?

odoylerules

New

Re: PT#57, LR2, #22

Post by odoylerules » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:24 pm

A) This strengthens the argument, because if Clovis points in Siberia were found before points in America, it contributes to the theory that they were invented in Siberia, and not America.
B) This could potentially weaken it, as it lends support to the idea that perhaps the Clovis point was invented in both places. At the very least, it doesn't help.
C) This is irrelevant.
D) This doesn't help, because finding artifacts in Siberia after humans left leaves open the possibility that the Clovis point was invented in America and brought to Siberia.
E) This weakens the argument, because if humans are returning to Siberia, then maybe they brought the invention with them.

So, A is by far the best answer, but in a question like this, when it says "most strengthens," definitely read each answer carefully, because A isn't a really strong answer, it's just the best one.

RFKScott

New

Post by RFKScott » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Thanks, but I was referring to last section in PT#57 #22 with the democratic elections. It is a weaken question.

Deep Trench

New

Post by Deep Trench » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:32 pm

The argument says that you don't have to compromise your beliefs to get support from the wealthy since there are wealthy people in all political parties. Conservatives can get support from Republican donors, liberals can get support from Democratic donors, and environmentalists can get support from Green Party donors without making any compromise, right? But, for example, can the moderate conservatives and the hard-core conservatives both expect to get support from the wealthy Republicans without compromising their beliefs? They still might have to compromise their beliefs if their political party and its wealthy donors have narrower views on many subjects than the candidates themselves.

odoylerules

New

Post by odoylerules » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:54 pm

RFKScott wrote:Thanks, but I was referring to last section in PT#57 #22 with the democratic elections. It is a weaken question.
Ah by LR2, thought you were referring to Section 2. My bad, hope the guy above answered it for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”