Chat Room Support Group? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dingoesatmybaby

New

Chat Room Support Group?

Post by dingoesatmybaby » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:45 pm

With only 4 days left until the October test, and with everyone looking over all of their practice exams or taking their final practice exams, I figured it might be helpful to have a little chat room help group where we can talk about specific questions that aren't clear to us and help one another out. Especially sicne we cant post actual questions here on the boards. Besides, those are the best types of environments that usually tend to be the most helpful--- where you help others and get helped in return. Rather than just strictly asking questions to someone over and over.

Anway what do you guys think? Would anybody be down for something like this?

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Re: Chat Room Support Group?

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:48 pm

dingoesatmybaby wrote: Especially sicne we cant post actual questions here on the boards.
Are you suggesting creating a chat room where people will be posting full LSAT questions?

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:49 pm

I believe you're talking about engaging in illegal, unethical behavior. You sir, have just been reported.

dingoesatmybaby

New

Post by dingoesatmybaby » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Lol. Uh, no.....

I'm suggesting doing the same thing people already do on these boards. Take for instance, "PT 58, question 6. How did you arrive at answer E and how is D not a flaw in the reasoning?". But instead of having to continually check these boards for a response, you are in an environment where you get instant feedback and can help others as well by engaging in discussion.

The PT's have been disclosed to the public to study and review. I don't see how its any different than getting together with a group of friends at a library (assuming you had that many friends who were all studying for an LSAT) and going over a practice exam together...

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:08 pm

dingoesatmybaby wrote:Lol. Uh, no.....

I'm suggesting doing the same thing people already do on these boards. Take for instance, "PT 58, question 6. How did you arrive at answer E and how is D not a flaw in the reasoning?". But instead of having to continually check these boards for a response, you are in an environment where you get instant feedback and can help others as well by engaging in discussion.

The PT's have been disclosed to the public to study and review. I don't see how its any different than getting together with a group of friends at a library (assuming you had that many friends who were all studying for an LSAT) and going over a practice exam together...
QF evidence at C and F.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:56 pm

tbh a chatroom like this will be filled with people who are more willing to ask questions and less willing to answer questions

this close to the test, i'm not sure if the whole, "you learn more if you teach it" strategy will really encourage many people to take their time to answer other people's questions. You're better off just asking them on TLS

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”