RC trend? Hardest RC? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
pinkdatura

New

RC trend? Hardest RC?

Post by pinkdatura » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Anybody think RC is easier in PT31-PT49 than PT50+? I saw several posts talking RC is more dealing with details in PT50+ than before? I don't if it is because I was re-doing PT30-PT49 that making my score seems higher or if it actually easier than most recent ones?
Also could anybody give me a link of the post about hardest RC? I remember I saw it two days ago but couldn't find it anymore:(
Do you think it is the passage itself or questions that makes one passage seems difficult? I vote for questions, sometimes I think I can understand the passage pretty well but still be stuck by questions.

Hedwig

Silver

Re: RC trend? Hardest RC?

Post by Hedwig » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:50 pm

I think RC gets harder because they got much better and making very similar answer choices, or very CLOSE answer choices so that it's hardddd to pick one.

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Yes RC got harder.
Sometimes its the passage. Sometimes its the questions.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=131335

This is the thread I created. Not sure if that's what you are referring to.

RCs that many/most people find hard.
Noguchi (59)
Willa cather (57)
groupthink (54)
fractals (57)
strawberry fields (53)
Riddled basins (50)
Kinship (56)

WonkyPanda

Bronze

Post by WonkyPanda » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Oh man, I thought i was the only one that thought Cather was a weird passage. It's really deceiving because at first it seems like a relatively simple passage.

Destined

New

Post by Destined » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:20 pm

I took PT 60 today and out of 53 PT's ive taken it was by far the hardest for me. I think they gave a pretty fair curve because of it though. Then again the LG and LR sections were pretty easy for PT60 too

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pinkdatura

New

Post by pinkdatura » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Thank you guys, you are awesome. I am a Buddhist and I believe good karma will reward you on test day :D
Btw, what do you think about trend of game? This morning when I was doing game in 2000 and 2005, I feel game in 2005 are particularly easy than 2000? Do you feel the same? or maybe it is just because I like particular type of game better than another.

kpuc

Bronze

Post by kpuc » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:26 pm

Riddled Basins, Kinship Recognition, and Groupthink (in that order) were the hardest RCs for me, from 50-57.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:52 pm

kpuc wrote:Riddled Basins, Kinship Recognition, and Groupthink (in that order) were the hardest RCs for me, from 50-57.
Kinship was a b****!!! You really had to read it slow and the one question where it talked about the most supported and not using visual solely... how does saying a tadpole bites everyone, and releases his kin and eats others support in any way that this process isnt solely based on visual??? ahhh

catsparka

Bronze

Post by catsparka » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
kpuc wrote:Riddled Basins, Kinship Recognition, and Groupthink (in that order) were the hardest RCs for me, from 50-57.
Kinship was a b****!!! You really had to read it slow and the one question where it talked about the most supported and not using visual solely... how does saying a tadpole bites everyone, and releases his kin and eats others support in any way that this process isnt solely based on visual??? ahhh
I got that question wrong. I initially eliminated all the answers because none seemed to be directly supported, and then ended up choosing the one where it said non-cannibalistic tadpoles don't employ the kinship recognition mechanism or something. UGH :<

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

catsparka

Bronze

Post by catsparka » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:49 pm

I haven't done PT 50. Just ordered the RC section online though, so I can try the infamous Riddled Basins passage.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:52 pm

I am really glad the non-visual question was not just me being stupid. I must have reread that passage after the fact like five times looking for the answer.

(Also, does the idea of cannibalistic tadpoles horrify anybody else? Seriously, I'm going to be having nightmares for the entire week, and not about the test itself)

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
My train of thought regarding the cannibalistic tadpoles - he bites all the tadpoles and only lets go of his brothers and sisters... I took this to indicate he, um, tasted the kinship haha... it sounds stupid when you think about it. But he bites and releases only his siblings, suggesting that something to do with the biting tells him they're his siblings.

catsparka

Bronze

Post by catsparka » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:14 pm

incompetentia wrote:I am really glad the non-visual question was not just me being stupid. I must have reread that passage after the fact like five times looking for the answer.

(Also, does the idea of cannibalistic tadpoles horrify anybody else? Seriously, I'm going to be having nightmares for the entire week, and not about the test itself)
Yeah, that is pretty disturbing. I was too frustrated over the questions to let it bother me during the test, but afterwards I was kind of creeped out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:25 pm

catsparka wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:
I got that question wrong. I initially eliminated all the answers because none seemed to be directly supported, and then ended up choosing the one where it said non-cannibalistic tadpoles don't employ the kinship recognition mechanism or something. UGH :<
Me too. That question was such bullshit because it only COULD support, it does not MOST support.....

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:27 pm

eit wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:
My train of thought regarding the cannibalistic tadpoles - he bites all the tadpoles and only lets go of his brothers and sisters... I took this to indicate he, um, tasted the kinship haha... it sounds stupid when you think about it. But he bites and releases only his siblings, suggesting that something to do with the biting tells him they're his siblings.
What if he bites everyone because he cant see real well, and when he has a hold of them he can SEE something to indicate kinship? Its possible. But they ask for the most supported and I guess none of them are supported at all besides this.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:28 pm

What was that RC about a meteor impact theory? That was the worst IMO.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:31 pm

im looking forward to re visiting RC from 50 later. its been a month since ive done it, and all i remember is that i didnt finish the section in time). Im getting excited bout RC. I feel like im on the brink of knocking down its door, stealing its candy, and laughing in its face as i TP the tree in RC's front yard!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:48 pm

3|ink wrote:What was that RC about a meteor impact theory? That was the worst IMO.
Test 15. I have no idea why I remember this, but it was one that struck me as completely dated (considering that this is from what, almost 15 years ago). Diapirs and volcanism and all that kind of stuff...fun times.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:53 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
eit wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:
What if he bites everyone because he cant see real well, and when he has a hold of them he can SEE something to indicate kinship? Its possible. But they ask for the most supported and I guess none of them are supported at all besides this.
I find that theory about as plausible as them tasting like his siblings. I got this question right but I actually wanted to know how that cannibal recognized his siblings. I guess the LSAT reasoning here is that he's using his teeth/mouth and that would suggest he's using something other than his eyes. But he could be using his teeth/mouth to help out his eyes.

nsideirish

Bronze

Post by nsideirish » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:36 am

Intellectual authority vs. institutional authority...it was somewhere in the 40s. I could read that one over and over again and still not fully grasp it and understand the questions. Very aggravating.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:01 am

nsideirish wrote:Intellectual authority vs. institutional authority...it was somewhere in the 40s. I could read that one over and over again and still not fully grasp it and understand the questions. Very aggravating.
I REMEMBER THAT ONE. Awful.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

catsparka

Bronze

Post by catsparka » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:10 am

Sandro777 wrote:
eit wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:
This is what I thought too. I thought the non-visual thing could be just so weakly supported at best, since from what little information they give in the passage there could be many other explanations.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:22 pm

This is what I hate about the new RC - they injected so much subjectivity and fluidness - Im okay with having dense passages, but when you start asking questions like which *view* is supported by the passage the *MOST*, or the author would *MOST* agree with which one of these principles.... I guess Ill just have to adjust my train of thought to think for this stuff.
This is what I thought too. I thought the non-visual thing could be just so weakly supported at best, since from what little information they give in the passage there could be many other explanations.

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:51 pm

I remember an old one about Ronald Dworkin and moral relativism positivism? or something - hated it.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Did anyone else laugh on PT 41 when they read the passage about the sappy Harlem poet named Cullen?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”