Week before the lsat... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Ari Goldsen

New

Week before the lsat...

Post by Ari Goldsen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:24 am

I think I may be suffering some burnout, so I may make that Kaplan Practice Test Event on Sunday my last PT.....Would that be a mistake?

Last time I took a break (5ish days) i ended up doing much better on my PT.

Maybe I'll just do a timed RC section, a timed game section, and an untimed LR section per day next week?

Or maybe I'll skip the sunday event, make my last PT Tuesday on my own... and then be done with it?

I'm trying to decide how beneficial this simulated kaplan thing will be for the real day.

burnout has jumbled my everyday thoughts (as seen in this post)..... Today I ran the washing machine without clothes in it, and accidentally put a box of Wheat Thins in the Fridge.

Thanks for any advice!

almostthereee

New

Re: Week before the lsat...

Post by almostthereee » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:40 am

I would also be interested in what people, especially those of you that have taken the LSAT once already, think about resting or not resting the week before the LSAT. People are ranging their rest days from 1-5 or even the full week and the thought of just not PT'ing for that long scares the hell outta me especially being so close to the LSAT.

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:44 am

I didn't do a PT for over a week when I was moving, and I did quite well on the first one that I did after that break.

Right now I have only PT60 left. I'm planning to do it in a few days and then rest until Oct 9th. I may still practice LG during that time, though.

Saltqjibo

Bronze

Post by Saltqjibo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:46 am

I took past tests most of the days of my final week. Planned to take them up until the day before the day before, but I tied my personal best on the thursday and then I figured I would rather go in on a high note than have my last test be below my average or something like that. Worked just fine for me, I scored right on my average, which i was more than happy with

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:26 am

planning on doing 4 pt's from now until thursday and nothing but simple review on friday.

almostthereee

New

Post by almostthereee » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 am

I have exactly 7 PTs left. 49, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60. I just went on cambridge and bought all the 50's and was going to reserve 49 for an in case kind of thing. I'm only nervous about taking a break because my scores are so erratic... I'm anywhere between a 157 - 163, though I admit my endurance is not where I want it to be because I sometimes zone out towards the end (especially if the last section is RC) and it's costed me a 160+ on a few occasions. Though I've been doing PTs so much for the last two weeks I can't tell if it's endurance or burnout anymore. :( So considering all that... what do you guys recommend I should do?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”