PT 57, Sec 2, #14 What methods did you use to ans this? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
skippy1

New

PT 57, Sec 2, #14 What methods did you use to ans this?

Post by skippy1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:57 pm

This question basically has some food labeling regulations- a bunch of conditional statements about what can be labeled as nonfat. The question asks to find a the situation that violates the labeling regulation. The way I answered it was by diagramming out the conditionals - which took a while :(
How are others approaching this question? Did you also diagram?
Thanks!

rso11

Bronze

Re: PT 57, Sec 2, #14 What methods did you use to ans this?

Post by rso11 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:04 pm

skippy1 wrote:This question basically has some food labeling regulations- a bunch of conditional statements about what can be labeled as nonfat. The question asks to find a the situation that violates the labeling regulation. The way I answered it was by diagramming out the conditionals - which took a while :(
How are others approaching this question? Did you also diagram?
Thanks!
Yeah, I diagrammed. But there's some superfluous/distracting stuff in that stimulus but it wasn't really necessary; for the purposes of answering the question you just have remember that you only put nonfat on something if people mistakenly believe it's nonfat. (D) violates the rule because people aren't mistaken about the fat in applesauce, yet it says nonfat.

rso11

Bronze

Post by rso11 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Oh, and it's section 3 btw.

kpuc

Bronze

Post by kpuc » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:10 pm

I really don't think you need diagrams to answer this question. D (which I think was the answer) should jump out at you because it clearly violates the rules of non-fat labelling (that is, it advertises itself as non-fat even though most people know that there's no fat in it).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”