Rustiness on LRs Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Blindc1rca

Bronze

Rustiness on LRs

Post by Blindc1rca » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Does anyone else experience rustiness on LRs? I find that if I don't drill LRs that much during the two days that precede a preptest, I'll miss like 5-7 on that test, whereas if I've been drilling them pretty hard, I'll miss 0-2.

minnbills

Gold

Re: Rustiness on LRs

Post by minnbills » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Yeah this happens to me too. I'll find that if I took a test the day before, or seriously reviewed LR the day before, my scores will be much higher.

On test day I plan on doing a LR and LG section before actually taking the test.

EDIT: I think it's easy to neglect LR with all the emphasis people place on LG as well.

Blindc1rca

Bronze

Post by Blindc1rca » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:48 pm

yea... i think i'm gonna crank out at least 75 LRs the day before, and then do a section the morning of as well.

kpuc

Bronze

Post by kpuc » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Definitely. I think it takes time to truly internalize the lessons you learn after each LR mistake, so you need to constantly remind yourself of common mistakes you make. After a while, these become second nature, and this is when you make a jump to the next level.

Blindc1rca

Bronze

Post by Blindc1rca » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:43 pm

kpuc wrote:Definitely. I think it takes time to truly internalize the lessons you learn after each LR mistake, so you need to constantly remind yourself of common mistakes you make. After a while, these become second nature, and this is when you make a jump to the next level.
Hm... not sure about this. I average -0.2 on LG and -2.5 on RC. So when I drill LRs, my PTs are 176-179, when I don't they are 171-175. I don't think I'll ever make the purported jump, rather, given the uncanny consistency of this correlation I think I'll just have to depend on a hearty drill-shesh on the day before test day.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:51 am

Blindc1rca wrote:
kpuc wrote:Definitely. I think it takes time to truly internalize the lessons you learn after each LR mistake, so you need to constantly remind yourself of common mistakes you make. After a while, these become second nature, and this is when you make a jump to the next level.
Hm... not sure about this. I average -0.2 on LG and -2.5 on RC. So when I drill LRs, my PTs are 176-179, when I don't they are 171-175. I don't think I'll ever make the purported jump, rather, given the uncanny consistency of this correlation I think I'll just have to depend on a hearty drill-shesh on the day before test day.
I think that "the next level" is probably 170's. When you're scoring between low to high 170's, the test is mainly about what stupid mistakes you make, what little words you mis-read, and what questions you just can't seem to figure out. I agree that drilling LR makes it easier to get into the LR sections - I'm going to be doing serious LR section work between now and the test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”