Motivation Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tourdeforcex

Bronze

Motivation

Post by tourdeforcex » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:47 pm

Dearest TLS users,

I am taking the October LSAT administration. I have been diligent in my studies. I scored a 166 on the June 2006 PT this morning and would like to possibly break 170 on test day. Weaknesses include: logic games (-3 to -5), logic reasoning (-5 to -8), time management / being disciplined to keep going and not get stuck.

What I seek on this forum, which predictably yields glimmers of helpful insight amongst nefarious humor, is a solution to the more holistic issue of continued motivation for the next 3 weeks.

I feel a little burnt out. I had been scoring 173+ on older PTs and now my scores are now between 166-168.

Any, yes, any ideas will be appreciated. Bring it.

Sincerely,
tourdeforcex

hijodehombre

Bronze

Re: Motivation

Post by hijodehombre » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:56 pm

eat more tacos

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:07 pm

I've been teaching test prep and they recommend spending no longer than 1 minute on each argument in LR. With your extra time, you can always go back an reevaluate the questions you had difficulties on, but after a minute just give your best guess (using process of elimination) and then move on.

hijodehombre

Bronze

Post by hijodehombre » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:01 pm

Because of the varying lenghts of LR questions, placing these time limits is a bad idea, imo. If you want motivation, read a short but quality novel with a legal theme or watch a not-too-cheesy lawyer movie.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”