PT17 S4 Q5 & Q19 help please Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gerbal

New

PT17 S4 Q5 & Q19 help please

Post by gerbal » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:35 pm

for 5, I'm not sure what the question is asking. does "The reason cited above" refer to "since, the Gregorian...have devised"?

for 19, I was deciding between B and D. for D, does Sara greater interests than Ron still enable their interests to substantially coincide? Thanks.

matt@atlaslsat

New

Re: PT17 S4 Q5 & Q19 help please

Post by matt@atlaslsat » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:28 am

Happy to help, but I think the PrepTest is misnumbered. I didn't see the questions you were referring to in PT17.

odoylerules

New

Re: PT17 S4 Q5 & Q19 help please

Post by odoylerules » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:59 am

gerbal wrote:for 5, I'm not sure what the question is asking. does "The reason cited above" refer to "since, the Gregorian...have devised"?

for 19, I was deciding between B and D. for D, does Sara greater interests than Ron still enable their interests to substantially coincide? Thanks.
You mean PT 18, the book 10 actual official preptests skips over 17, goes right to 18.

Question 5, yes, "since, the Gregorian... have devised" is what it is referring to, as it is the reason the argument is based on, and is the support for the conclusion that the "reactions have consistently proven to have been misplaced."

Question 19, D is wrong because Sara and Ron's interests "substantially" coincide. It doesn't matter that Sara has a greater interest, only that there is a substantial coincidence of interests. B is correct because there is no coincidence of interests, and as the stimulus recommends, Ramon is "regarding the proffered advice with skepticism."

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”