Taking in February? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
zanzbar

Bronze

Taking in February?

Post by zanzbar » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:15 pm

I won't be applying until next cycle since I won't be graduating until May of 2012, but I have seen a majority of the people on here saying not to take the LSAT in February. I was wondering if this was just because it was forcing people to apply really late in the admissions cycle or if there is some widespread superstition with the Feb. LSAT?

beachbum

Gold

Re: Taking in February?

Post by beachbum » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:18 pm

It isn't released, so you won't know your mistakes or have the option to study from it if you decide to retake. Also, it's in the middle of the semester.

Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:50 pm

For people on the quarter system, such as myself, february is the optimal time to take it. The june test is right after my finals so it's horrible, but the only true downside is that it's not released.

elibrarian

Bronze

Post by elibrarian » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:37 am

I'm taking in February, though I'm out of school so that isn't an issue for me. My reasoning is I want more time to prepare additional parts of my application (though I realize LSAT/GPA are the most important) and if something goes awry with the Feb. test, I have plenty of time to retake. I also started studying a month or so ago and figured that studying for an entire year would be a bit much, so that left me with February. From what I've heard, its more "difficult" mostly because the test isn't released. Of course level of difficulty varies depending on the person so, who knows?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”