Stuck at 171/172, need help to increase score Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bluedevil88

New

Stuck at 171/172, need help to increase score

Post by bluedevil88 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been preparing for the October test for about four months, and am consistently scoring about a 171 or 172 with occasional 175-178 scores (once every ten tests). However, I'm looking to get about a 175 consistently, and was wondering if anybody could offer some advice on how to get those few extra points which are really crucial for my applications to some top law schools.

I am usually scoring perfect or missing one on logic games, but am missing anywhere from 2 to 4 on each section on logic reasoning and reading comprehension. Any tips on how to push myself over onto the 175 range would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance!

kpuc

Bronze

Re: Stuck at 171/172, need help to increase score

Post by kpuc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Problems in LR can be fixed by focusing heavily on commonly-missed questions. Sometimes, just realizing that a certain type of question is giving you trouble will help you be more aware and concentrated when those questions come up.

As for RC, many of the hard parts come from those questions where 2 answers look like possible correct ones. In these cases, make sure you scour EVERY WORD that's in the choice. There are usually sneaky little caveats thrown in at the end which clearly render one choice wrong.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”