What are the merits of the LR Bible? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hypothalamus

Silver

What are the merits of the LR Bible?

Post by hypothalamus » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:29 am

I found the LG Bible extremely valuable, but this is because I had no idea how to approach most games efficiently before it.

With arguments, I get -2/-3 per section at most, and it's usually due to inattetion, rather than some misunderstanding of stimulus structure or question. At the same time, I can get a free copy of the LR Bible.

Is it worth going through it? Does it teach strategies for efficiency, or is it mostly something one should read when first encountering Arguments?

Platinum

Re: What are the merits of the LR Bible?

Post by 2014 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am

It does a good job of helping to point out the traps that are consistently found in the LSAT and has an abundance of practice questions with explanations. I'm in the same boat as you, missing 2 or 3 per section mostly do to carelessness, but as I am going through the LR Bible now, I really appreciate the practice questions with the explanations on why wrong answers are wrong. It has definitely helped with my speed which means I can take more time to carefully read the tricky questions.

If I were you I would get the book and do the example problems throughout the sections, then read the actual chapters only if you find a particular question type you are struggling with.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:35 pm

It brought me from an average of -4 or -5 per section to an average of maybe -1 to -2 per section. I would get it anyways. But I'm a "leave no stone unturned" sort of studier.

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:58 pm

If you can get a copy for free, then take it. Even if you are doing a pretty good job, unless you are constantly getting -0 you could always be going better. Assuming you are taking the test in October, you still technically have time to improve, and getting 2-3 more questions right can be the difference between a 169 and a 170+, which IMHO, is a big difference.

If you are consistently struggling with a particular type of question, you may opt to just focus on that type. If you are generally missing questions that are simply hard, I say just do more general practice of all question types.

But a LR Bible for the low, low price of $Free cant be beat.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”