My LSAT routine leading to the oct exam Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LockBox

Bronze

My LSAT routine leading to the oct exam

Post by LockBox » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I figured i'd just throw my study routine out there and see if anyone had any suggestions, either revising my format or adding to it.

I took a TM course in the spring, took their diag and scored a 151 (also 153, 153, 154). I'm taking the old exams now starting with prep test 17. I started at 35 min per section but after setting and surpassing goals (160, 162 etc) I bring the time down per section by a minute.

I'm on PT 26 now at 31 min. per section. The time is still killing me-i'm guessing on the last few questions on each section. (scored a 158 on PT 26). I'm planning on taking 27-40 by the time oct rolls around. Any input would be appreciated. Good luck everyone!

whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: My LSAT routine leading to the oct exam

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Don't take the October exam without taking 50-60.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:12 pm

The key is consistency. If you score a 161 or 162 once or twice, thats not as good as scoring a 161 or 162 on every single PT. I dont understand why youre giving yourself 31 minutes per section. This is stupid. You improve not by lowering the amount of time you give yourself, but by improving your performance on the questions. If youre having to guess on the last few questions on every section, then clearly this 31 minutes per section idea isnt helping you.

ly2010

Bronze

Post by ly2010 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:32 pm

I also took the TM class. I went through most of the supplemental questions during the time I was taking the class but saved the homework questions. I actually kind of screwed myself doing that because now when I go through PT's, I can usually remember at least 2-3 questions. In other words, even though I am scoring a 165ish, I can't say that I will when I take the real deal.

Just keep that in mind if you did the same thing I did. I am saving 50-60 for Sept 6th - Oct 6th because I don't think TM got to those. Right now I'm going through the LRB and LGB and drilling with the TM course books/hw. Hopefully once I start taking the "real" and untouched PT's I'll know where I stand.

cmaas

Bronze

Post by cmaas » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:15 pm

ly2010 wrote:I also took the TM class. I went through most of the supplemental questions during the time I was taking the class but saved the homework questions. I actually kind of screwed myself doing that because now when I go through PT's, I can usually remember at least 2-3 questions. In other words, even though I am scoring a 165ish, I can't say that I will when I take the real deal.

Just keep that in mind if you did the same thing I did. I am saving 50-60 for Sept 6th - Oct 6th because I don't think TM got to those. Right now I'm going through the LRB and LGB and drilling with the TM course books/hw. Hopefully once I start taking the "real" and untouched PT's I'll know where I stand.
TM uses 54-57 as their diagnostics...you might want to keep that in mind. I've had the same problem that you have, though. I'm scoring well on tests but I will recognize certain problems from the HW (RC is the worse when this happens). I actually don't think that this inflates our scores as much as we think; nonetheless, it's hard to be happy about a good score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ly2010

Bronze

Post by ly2010 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:18 pm

cmaas wrote:
ly2010 wrote:I also took the TM class. I went through most of the supplemental questions during the time I was taking the class but saved the homework questions. I actually kind of screwed myself doing that because now when I go through PT's, I can usually remember at least 2-3 questions. In other words, even though I am scoring a 165ish, I can't say that I will when I take the real deal.

TM uses 54-57 as their diagnostics...you might want to keep that in mind. I've had the same problem that you have, though. I'm scoring well on tests but I will recognize certain problems from the HW (RC is the worse when this happens). I actually don't think that this inflates our scores as much as we think; nonetheless, it's hard to be happy about a good score.
I didn't take any of their DIAG's. Did you do all the supplemental stuff (like the online questions?)

cmaas

Bronze

Post by cmaas » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:20 pm

ly2010 wrote:
cmaas wrote:

I didn't take any of their DIAG's. Did you do all the supplemental stuff (like the online questions?)
That's good that you didn't do the Diags. I think that I've only done one supplemental section (it's from a test that I'm not going to take). My problem is that I did a lot of the HW. It seemed like a smart thing to do at the time. Now that I look back, maybe I should have done less.

ly2010

Bronze

Post by ly2010 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:29 pm

I've done about 1/4th of all the questions in each lesson book. I never finished more than that.

I think it's our fault for not realizing that it was a bad idea signing up before we were actually committed to taking the test right away. They should had warned us though that this could happen....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”